Chapter Fourteen

Quinn Parker

"No...no..."

Let's just do it." I heard her say.

"Why? I'm sorry, Charlotte!"

I turned to look at Charlotte, beer bottle in hand like she was every night in my nightmares.

We knew it was a bad idea when we started drinking that night.

Why can't I remember what happened after we left the house?

"Quinn."

"You're crazy, you know that?" She asked, the haunting words sending chills down my spine because I knew what was coming next. Her legs moved to dangle over the side of the countertop, swinging back and forth. I closed my eyes and shook my head, "No....No!" I said, "I'm sorry...please..."

We were celebrating tonight. Charlotte had received the news this afternoon that she had been given a spot at the University of Washington.

Why did we drink that night?

"Quinn, wake up."

I opened my eyes and peered down at the empty beer bottles. Did we drink all of these? We couldn't have. Her legs dangled beside me still swinging from what I could see from the corner of my eye.

I didn't want to look. I knew what was coming.

"Please." I begged, "I'm sorry..."

"What's the worst that could happen, hm?" She asked.

"Quinn."

I reluctantly tore my eyes away from the beer bottle and looked up at her again. Like the dream had command over my body and no amount of begging would stop what I was going to see. "Wha-"

Blood.

Blood dripping from her head to her toes.

Pooled below her dangling feet.

She was completely covered and her eyes white.

"Wake up, Parker."

"What's the worst that could happen, Quinn?" She repeated, the whites of her eyes turning to a blazing orange.

"P-please! N-no!" I shouted, unable to move from where I was stood. I reached forward, desperately trying to grab onto her from where I was but it was like I was glued in place. "Charlotte!" I screamed, "no! Please!"

The loud shattering sound of glass to floor tore me away from my dream.

"NO!" I screamed loudly.

"Quinn."

I gasped loudly and sat up from where I was sitting, frantically lifted a hand to grasp my throat whilst my lungs desperately filled with much needed air. I darted my eyes around the room in search for her, still in a foggy dream state instead settling my eyes on Zayn.

"Zayn..." I breathed, reaching out for him out of need to touch something. Something real. Something to ground me to this place so I knew I wasn't dreaming anymore. I curled my fingers into the fabric of his t-shirt and gulped hard, darting my eyes between his own.