Chapter Twenty One

Harry Styles

Don't ask me why I was doing this.

The girl had sadness laced in her words and puppy dog eyes when she looked at me. Granted, I might be an asshole but I wasn't a complete dickhead when I wanted to be nice. Yeah, it was rare but fuck it.

We had parked the car somewhere in the city and had both of our caps pushed down to cover our faces as best as we could. It probably wouldn't do shit considering my arms were completely full of tattoos which happened to be pretty recognisable. It was a stupid decision coming into a busy city like this without any security but something compelled me to bring Quinn here so she could mark something off that list that she mentioned.

Come to think of it, that journal she had with her that day on the bus was probably this list. I hadn't realised why she seemed so engrossed in it before but knowing a little bit about it now, it made sense. She said she wanted to complete the things on this list in order to honour that person and I needed something to do. To humour on this tour and she fit the bill for now.

Maybe that's what I was doing here. Galavanting around San Fransisco like an idiot.

Knowing what I know...

I knew letting my mind run wild like this would only result in me having another break down and I wasn't prepared for that. My last PA took the brunt of it, poor guy.

"This way." I said, tugging her away from the somewhat busy street. Hiding in an alley way beside what seemed to be a library, I looked down at her and shook my head. "This is stupid."

"Totally stupid." She said back to me.

"We could get caught."

"People could recognise you." She retorted.

I gulped at the thought of being swarmed by fans, pursing my lips together in thought for a moment. This was totally stupid and reckless but the excitement I was feeling in my veins was fuelling this stupid decisions. "Okay..." I paused, looking down the alleyway at the street just beside us. We needed to try and disguise who I was better than just a baseball cap. "Okay, we just walked past a store. Go in and grab a couple of sweaters so I can hide my tattoos." Pulling out my wallet from my back pocket, I handed Quinn two $100 bills and motioned for her to go. The tattoos would be a complete giveaway and my fans knew them pretty well.

Quinn just looked at me blankly, her eyes moving from the money in my hand to my face. "What?" I asked.

"You just carry around $200 like that?" She laughed, looking down at the note like it was alien to her.

"What?" I asked in confusion again.

She lifted her brow and tilted her head back in order to look up at me, "They're going to look at me crazy for having two $100 notes, you know that right?"

"Why?"

"Why? Because who carries around $200 like this?" She laughed.

"And?"

"And...what kind of sweaters are you expecting? I'm going into what looks like a gift shop, they're sweaters aren't $100 each." She laughed softly, her laugh causing me to laugh.

"I don't have anything smaller." I protest.

"I'll use my own money." She replied.

I rolled my eyes at her statement and reached down for her other hand, opening it flat and placed the note in the palm of her hand. Closing it, I cocked my brow up with a smirk tugging on my lips, "don't get me an ugly colour."