Chapter Sixteen

Quinn Parker

"Ahhh, finally. Who drove you here? I'm almost certain my grandma could have flown here from Ireland quicker than you drove!" I heard Niall shout, standing up from a log that he was sat on.

I had followed Harry through the large house and out toward the back garden, walking past the infinity pool. Not having much time to really take it in, I glanced at it quickly and saw that it was elevated quite high, probably giving the pool the nicest view of the ocean.

Before we got on the sand, I kicked off my white converse and looked at the boys.

"Fuck off, Niall!" Harry shouted, a chuckle leaving my lips under my breath. I took a step on the warm sand and sighed in content, this was exactly how I expected the beach to be like. I didn't want to open up yet to Harry or the others that I hadn't ever been to an actual beach before, how could I when my little town was nestled between massive trees and waterfalls.

I grinned to myself, looking down and watching every step that I took whilst following Harry towards the boys. Little sand granules were being kicked by my steps, I'm not sure but I expected it to feel slightly tougher than this but in reality, the sand felt almost...fluffy. That was the only way I could truly describe it. It probably seemed childish to anyone watching me right now, but I didn't care.

"Blondie, come sit next to me." Niall said, shuffling over slightly and patting the space beside him.

The boys had started a small fire which was crackling away in between the small wooden logs that people were sitting on. I carefully sat down beside Niall and placed my shoes down beside me.

"How was the drive?" Louis asked.

"It was incredible, the views here are insane...I can't believe there are people that have houses like this right beside something so beautiful." I murmured, flickering my gaze away from Louis towards the vast blue ocean that wasn't too far from us.

"People like Harry." Niall chimed in.

Looking up from my feet and the sand they were embedded in, I glanced over at Harry that sat down beside Zayn. I nodded my head a little at his words, "you're right, people like Harry." I replied, laughing quietly under my breath.

"I'm fucking starving lads." Louis said, reaching into his pocket to pull out a packet of cigarettes. He pulled one from its packet and rested it between his lips before trying to fish out the lighter in his pocket. Once he had retrieved it, he lifted the light up to the end of the cigarette and burned the end to life. "Anyone?" He asked, holding up the pack. I watched as he inhaled the first drag, recycling the smoke in his lungs before tilting his head back and blowing out the remaining debris.

"Nah." I heard Niall say, shaking his head.

"You know I was joking. I'm the oldest here so I've got to take care of you young fucks." He teased, pushing the pack back into his pocket.

Liam raised his brow, "older defiantly doesn't mean wiser. I'm like the only person that makes sure you all turn up to rehearsal on time, without me you'd all be fucked." He laughed, shaking his head.

"Yeah yeah, Payno." Zayn chuckled, lifting up his middle finger jokingly.

I trailed my eyes along the boys slowly and took a moment to realise where I actually was and what had happened to me recently. It seemed complete surreal but here I was, currently sat on a beautiful sandy beach somewhere in California with five massive celebrities. One of which was technically my boss and just belted out Stevie Nicks with me on an empty freeway.