𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"I don't want to sit with that crazy lunatic!" I whisper-yell to Levi after he showed up with Hanji and Pastor Nick behind him. The short-stack lets out a tch and drags me a few feet away from Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the two newcomers.

"Believe me, I don't want to either, but four-eyes decided he'd be her new little 'friend' so we'll just have to suck it up for now," he grumbles out while releasing his hand from my arm. My eyes go to Pastor Nick as he takes a seat on the wagon. He's wearing one of those Wallist Robes with a gold chain around the neckline.

"Fine," I say and walk over to the others reluctantly. I take my seat all the way at the front of the wagon's bench that Eren, Mikasa, and Armin already occupied, sitting access from Levi who sat next to Pastor Nick with Hanji at the end of their row.

Once everyone's settled down, Pastor Nick's beady eyes meet mine for a split second and I give him my best glare, promising a gruesome death if he makes any bad moves. I still remember what the son of a bitch spewed on about at Eren at his trial, and no way in hell was I going to forget that. 

"Open the gate!" A voice rings out and a couple of seconds later gears start to turn and the gate to exit the Stohess District starts to open.

"The status of Wall Rose is unclear, so be cautious from here on out," Commander Erwin shouts to the rows and rows of Survey Corps soldiers on horseback.

"Let's move out!"

Our cart moves and starts to shake under us as we run over small rocks and pebbles lining the streets, but then it smoothes out as we get onto a dirt path outside the walls.

After a few moments of silence, Hanji begins to explain exactly why we were taking Pastor Nick along with us. Turns out the fucker knew about the titans being in the walls the whole time.

"Wait, wait! Back up! You're joking right?! This guy knew- he knew the whole time and just kept quiet?" Eren asked loudly to Hanji from beside Mikasa and me. His shoulder jolts mine as he sat forward with his eyes open wide.

"Uh-huh," Hanji confirms with a side-eye towards the pastor. "Just about sums up where we are with him." The pastor kept his eyes down, not making eye contact with any of us, but I could tell he sensed all of our accusatory gazes.

"Cat's out of the bag now, of course," Hanji says, talking again. "He's not willing to talk yet. But we'll see how he feels after a harsh dose of reality. Faith keeps him quiet, but-"

"No!" Eren screams while slamming his hands on the storage unit to the cart, making the blanket that covered both of our legs slid to the ground. "If this son of a bitch knows something, he should just come out already and say it!" Eren suddenly clutches onto his head in discomfort. I drag him down beside me and pull our blanket completely over him.

"I agree with Eren," I say with a cold voice. "Humanity's already in deep shit, but this guy only cares about keeping his oath. It's a load of crap," I spit out.

"There's more than one way to get the truth," Levi says all of a sudden. My eyes shoot towards the gun he's holding in his hand, pointing towards the pastor under his coat.  "Granted I may not be in tough form at the moment, but it wouldn't take much strength to pull a measly trigger. But," Levi nods his head towards me, "this one here could skin you alive in a minute flat this very second. All she needs is my word and you're dead."

I smirk from my place across from Levi and it deepens when I see Pastor Nick inch back into his seat more. I almost cackle aloud when I see him visibly gulp when I pull out the dagger Levi got for me for my birthday.

"As much as I would like to see my little Y/n do that, threatening doesn't work- Oh, don't you frown Y/n," Hanji says when she notices my displeased expression at her sudden news. I just let out a hmph and cross my arms over my chest and lean partially on Eren.