two: bits of fluff

"Hey!" Isabela complained at the two boys who were currently rocking the boat, each tilt making the boat dangerously tip. She wagged her finger at the boy with glasses, and he stuck out his tongue. She gasped, putting her hand over her heart. How rude.

"You good, mate?" called out the other boy, whose long black hair looked so healthy and shiny that she self-consciously grabbed a lock of her own black hair to compare. He was watching Remus, who's complexion was steadily becoming greener. Or maybe that was the lantern. No, it was him.

"Uh, could you stop rocking the boat," Remus muttered, one hand on his stomach. Oh goodness. He couldn't throw up now! Thankfully, the two boys stopped.

"I'm Sirius Black, that's James Potter," the long haired boy stated lazily, causing ripples with his hand on the water's surface. His stormy grey eyes were captivating, and so were his pink lips, and, well, all of him. He was quite handsome. She tore her eyes away from his beauty to look at James Potter, who's black hair was quite messy.

"Isabela Kwon," she offered, and he grinned at her. "Ze sick boy is Remus Lupin," she continued, gesturing at the green figure. He lifted his hand in a half-hearted wave, then immediately covered his mouth.

"You have an accent," said Sirius, more of a statement than a question. She glanced back at him and nodded.

"I moved here last year from France," she told him before turning to watch Hogwarts again.

"Wicked! I wish I lived in France," James exclaimed, and Isabela sighed, secretly wishing she still did.

No one else talked until they reached the shore through a curtain of ivy and a tunnel in a cliff, the boats bumping gently into the sand. Remus got off of the boat as fast as he could, and she tutted in sympathy. He really looked miserable. Silence settled among the group as they all trudged up a stone staircase to a large oak door.

Hagrid knocked on the door three times, and the door soon opened to reveal a stern looking witch in emerald robes.

She explained what the new students would go through as they all trotted after her towards a large set of double doors. She motioned for them to wait, then disappeared. Isabela turned to Remus, who she had been supporting with the help of James.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling better," Remus brushed off her worrying as he straightened, giving James a nod of thanks. James bowed, then went off, probably in search of Sirius. She opened her mouth, probably to make a joke about Remus' seasickness, when the witch, who had introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, suddenly reappeared.

"Now, form a line," Professor McGonagall told them, "and follow me." She opened the double doors with a flick of her wand, and they all walked in behind her, mouths all agape at the sight before them. 

There were four extremely long tables filled with students in robes with ties of different colors. Isabela looked up, and gasped to see the night sky. Stars were twinkling, with some meteors flying across and disappearing. Looking forward, she saw a raised platform with a table of teachers facing them. A three-legged stool, with a raggedy looking hat, was placed at the center of the platform. What the... she thought, eyeing the hat curiously.