seven: green hairdo?

Casting a wake-up charm on herself, Isabela soon fell asleep to the gentle snores of the girls filling the cozy, red room.

Early next morning, brutally awoken by the charm, Isabela managed to tumble out of bed, change into her Quidditch shirt and pants, and sneak out to the Quidditch grounds without waking or running into anyone else. Over the summer, she had never had a chance to fly, mainly because she lived in downtown London in quite a small flat. She didn't even have a broom to call her own.

Stopping by the broom shed, Isabela stopped her lumos charm, casting "Alohomora," on the lock to open it. Slowly opening the large wooden door, she grabbed the nicest broom she could find, a modest Cleansweep Five. When she walked out of the shed, she nearly had a heart attack.

"Oh mon Dieu! Blimey, Black, don't scare me like that!" Isabela cried out, dropping the broom and clutching her heart. Sirius Black was leaning against the outer wall of the shed, also in Quidditch clothes, with a smirk on his face. "Oh, that rhymed, I should go be a bloody poet or something," Isabela muttered under her breath, heartily embarrassed.

Sirius laughed, his grey eyes matching the Scottish mist around them. October brought the end of warmer days, and instead brought this fog that was almost taunting Isabela. Her heart skipped a beat, suddenly finding herself nervous around him, though she quickly regained her composure.

"What are you doing here?" she questioned, narrowing her eyes at him.

He spread his arms out. "Well, I'm here to practice too, so if you wouldn't mind, let's go down to the field together," he said confidently, with the air of someone who had never been rejected before. Isabela had stayed on friendly terms with this boy, only knowing him through James' obsession with Lily. She would much rather focus on charmswork and Quidditch than boys. So naturally, she was quite taken aback by Sirius' proposition.

"No, I'm sorry, but I'd much rather go alone?" she said more like a question, picking up her broom once again. She saw surprise flicker in Sirius' eyes, though it was quickly masked by his easy-going, very attractive, grin. Merde.

"Unfortunately for you, I'm going down with you anyways. I'm planning on winning the Quidditch Cup this year too," he said as he pushed off of the wall. He held out his arm to her, but she just turned around and ran down to the field, cursing herself for taking so long. She had only 30 minutes to practice, having woken up later than she expected, and now with the interruption of one (very fine) boy, Sirius Black, her precious time was ticking away.

"Oi! Wait up!" she heard from behind her, though she kept up her pace down to the field. Once she passed through the gates, she hopped onto the broom and took off, rejoicing the feeling of the wind whipping through her hair. She did some laps at a few hundred feet in the air, and by the time she finished three, she saw Sirius Black enter the field, holding a shiny new broom that she immediately recognized to be the Nimbus 1500.

Her jaw dropped, and she quickly flew down next to him, hovering a few feet above the ground.

"How did you get that!" Isabela exclaimed in wonder, taking in every inch of the sleek broom. Sirius grinned, glad to have the pretty girl's attention.