four: glacius sock boy

four years later

Isabela pushed her trolley past a particularly loud Irish family. Their flaming red hair reminded her of Molly Prewett and her brothers, who had started a pranking war with the Marauders last year. Needless to say, she was very careful about what she ate and drank that year.

Leaning into the wall, she passed through onto Platform 9 ¾. After putting away the trolley, she dragged her trunk onto the train, in search of Dorcas and Mary. Spotting Mary in a compartment, she strode in, trunk in hand.

"Mary, Mary, Mary, it's been too long sweet madame!" Isabela fell to one knee in front of Mary, who only smacked Isabela's head with her book. "Ouch! How was your summer?"

"Same old, same old. I've missed you! I actually bought a few presents for you and Dorcas from Paris!" Mary dug through her bag and took out a lovely cream scarf.

"Oh how lovely! Mary, you didn't have to!"

"Shut up, I know you're pleased."

"I can't lie...thank you thank you!" Isabela threw her arms around Mary, who begrudgingly patted Isabela's back.

"It's my girls! Oi, Isa, put up your trunk, I almost bloody fell!" Dorcas flew into the carriage, her bright smile evident from a kilometer away. Isabela jumped, surprised, and Mary laughed, waving at Dorcas.

"Dorcas! Your hair is absolutely stunning!" Isabela called out as she dragged her trunk to lift it into the overhead compartment. Dorcas' braids, intertwined with strands of gold, reached her waist, framing the girl's pretty face.

"Thanks Isa! It took hours," Dorcas sprawled onto the cushions, nearly kicking Mary, who was reading a book. Unsurprisingly. "Anyways, the mates and I were planning a welcome back party. Can you help get the firewhiskey? You're wicked at the Confundus Charm."

"Yeah, sure. Quidditch trials don't start in two weeks, so I won't be busy," Isabela grunted from under her trunk.

"Mademoiselle, may I help you wiz ze trunk?" Sirius burst into the carriage, and Isabela nearly dropped the trunk.

"Ah! Bloody bastard, I nearly crushed my foot!" she let it drop unceremoniously into Sirius' arms, who easily lifted it into the overhead space. "I'll catch up with you during the ride, I want to go see Jasper."

She didn't notice Sirius' flinch at Jasper's name. Actually, no one did. Sirius was special like that.

"Ooo, lover boy?" Sirius called out to Isabela's retreating form, and he was answered with a middle finger. Dorcas snorted and high-fived Sirius.

Walking past a rambunctious pair of second years, Isabela greeted James and Remus, who were dragging a pale Peter between them.

"He good?" Isabela questioned, leaning forward to wave her hand in front of Peter's blank eyes.