three: schedules?

The hall filled with noise as all of the students began standing up and leaving, with the prefects shouting to the first years to follow them. The Gryffindors left the Great Hall and wound a path up many different staircases, Isabela's full belly now cramping at the sudden exercise. They soon gathered in front of a large painting of a woman in a pink dress.

"The password's Finite, now don't forget!" the prefect told them over his shoulder, and the painting swung open, the woman waving and cooing at them as they filed in through the hole. "This is the Gryffindor common room! Up those staircases are the dorms: girls and boys separate." 

They all looked around the common room, which was filled with squashy armchairs and various tables, with a fireplace at one end.

Isabela waved at Remus as she followed Lily up the stairs, who waved back with a lazy grin. Lily and Isabela found themselves in a hallway with many doors, and they opened the first one to see their trunks on large poster beds. 

There were five in the room, with a large wooden dresser at one wall and several tall windows between each bed. At the center of the cozy room was a large rug, and at the feet of each bed were additional trunks.

Flinging open her trunk, Isabela rummaged around for her toiletries bag, when suddenly the door banged open. She looked up, squinting at the bright light flooding in from the hallway, making out three silhouettes in the doorway.

"My name's Marlene McKinnon, this is Mary Macdonald and Dorcas Meadowes," said one of the figures, who promptly jumped onto a bed with (probably) her trunk on it.

"Hi! I'm Lily Evans, and this is Isabela Kwon!" Lily said brightly, and Isabela waved, one hand stuck under the clothes in her trunk.

Marlene was a pretty blonde, whose eyes were bright with cheer and mischief. Mary was a sweet looking girl with black hair, and Dorcas was, well, stunning, with curly hair reaching just past her shoulders.

After the girls washed up, Isabela clambered up in between Dorcas and Lily, and joined their conversation. They talked about themselves (Isabela proudly explained that she was from France and bulldozed her way through English), Hogwarts, and in Marlene's case, boys. 

They stayed up late into the night, Lily startled when she realized how bright the moon was through the window. She forced them all to go back to their own beds, everyone grumbling except for Mary, who tucked herself in and was out like a light.

Finally, Isabela was comfortably situated in bed, and with the dim light of a candle on the dresser and the moonlight faintly streaming through, she fell asleep. What a day.

 What a day