Chapter 7

Callie’s POV

When I woke to silence, I knew that the rain had ended. Looking towards the mouth of the cave, I saw sunlight. Instead of bringing cheer to my heart, I couldn’t help but lower my head feeling sorry for myself. Only four days left for me.

I look around for Ryan only to see him walking back into the cave. “Well good morning sleeping beauty. I wanted to wait until you were awake before I left.” He said smiling at me.

“Wait!” I yell jumping to my feet. “I lied to you last night. My name isn’t Cherry.”

“Then what is your real name?”

“It is Callie…Callie Malloy.” He looked at me in disbelief. “You’re the King’s daughter.”

“I am.” I couldn’t tell if he was mad or upset, but his silence was getting on my nerves. “Are you going to take me to my father?”

“Y-Yeah, let’s go.” He says as he hands me a small bag from MacDonald’s. I open it up to find a sausage mcgriddle and hash browns. “Thank you.” I say softly eating my breakfast. “You’re welcome…Princess.” I snap my head up and look at him. “Please, just call me Callie. And don’t argue with me. I don’t have the time.” I laugh softly at my little joke, but he didn’t find it funny.

I sigh softly. It was going to be a long walk back to my father.  After I finished my breakfast, we started to run. By noon, we were just outside the borders of my father’s territory. We stopped to get our breaths back, well me really. As I took everything in, I speak. “Do you think he’ll like me?”

“He’ll love you Callie. I’m sorry that you don’t have much time to spend with him.”

“Thanks, but it’s my own fault. My stupid curiosity got the best of me…Have you met your mate yet?”

“Not yet, but I’m still looking for her.”

“Do me a favor when you find her.”

“What’s that?”

“Never let her out of your sight.” He chuckles, but I could hear the sadness in it. “It’s a deal.” I smile at him and he starts walking deeper into the territory. It wasn’t long before several large wolves surrounded us. Because they didn’t know who I was, they were growling threateningly at me. I quickly hid behind Ryan, my body shaking a little.

“It’s alright Princess, they wouldn’t hurt you. If they did, the King would kill them.” The wolves backed down after he spoke, and I could tell they were confused. Suddenly howls sounded behind us and Ryan turned to me looking worried. “Run Callie. Don’t stop until you’ve reached your father.”

I didn’t stand around to be told twice. Taking off like a rocket, I shot through the forest scared to death. Behind me came the sounds of fighting, and I almost thought I heard the voices of my hunters. I could hear something closing in on me, but I couldn’t run any faster. “Forget this.” I mutter and feel my wings shoot from my back. Before I could blink, I found myself soaring higher and higher. Hello dear.

Who are you?

I’m Ruth, your angel.

Oh, kool.

Trying linking with your father, you need help.

Um, Dad can you hear me? This is Callie. I felt stupid for trying, but I was in danger and my friend was getting hurt. Silence echoed in my mind. I tried again. King Matthias Malloy! Do you hear me?