Epilogue

Moon Goddess’s POV

I stood in the forest watching as Callie chased after her five year old twins. Draco and Matthias stood beside the grill laughing at scene before them. Callie and the children’s backs were facing the men, so when she stopped and placed her hand on her stomach, they didn’t see. But I did, and I also saw the look of pain that was etched on her face.

Callie was expecting another pup, but she hadn’t told Draco or Matthias yet. My eyes never left Callie as I started to examine her. I could see what was wrong. The pup’s umbilical cord had wrapped itself around the pup’s neck, and Callie could feel her unborn child’s pain. With a snap of my finger, everything was as it should be.

The pain faded from Callie’s face as she called to her children. My eyes slide towards them as I smiled. They were hybrids, but a perfect mix of the genes that flowed through them. With one last look at them, I vanished and was gone like the wind. I would keep an eye on them, but for now, they were fine. 

They had a bright future before them. Matthias planned on stepping down as King soon, and he would be passing the title to Draco. But I knew that Draco was planning on turning it down. He liked living behind the scenes, and keeping his family out of the political spotlight. He would do anything to keep them safe.  

Dale's POV

Three years have passed since I met that strange woman in my apartment. My life had become better: I was now second in command at work, I just bought my own house, and I even brought my younger sister to live with me. But as of yet, I still hadn't met Ellen. And it wasn't from lack of looking either. 

I was walking through the park on my day off, just enjoying the nice sunshine when I ran into someone. "I'm sorry." I say as I helped her back up. Our eyes met and I felt my heart skip several beats. "I'm Dale." I say softly, my eyes locked with hers. "I'm Ellen."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Ellen." She smiles at me as I take her hand. My life was now complete. 

Thane's POV

Standing in the office, I watch as Rose played tag with our son. He turned four yesterday, and I could tell that he was going to be a handful when he got older. Rose let him have his way with everything, but I put my foot down on many things. I would not risk him losing his wolf, or worse. 

"Son, I'm leaving." I turn to look at my father. "I won't be back, but I wanted to say goodbye." I had no words for him, but I watched as he left. The loss of his wolf almost killed him like it did to Rose and me as well. But we survived, we became stronger. 

My thoughts drifted to Mrs. G and Trent. Not to long after I marked Rose, they moved back to Trent's home state. He was human, and Mrs. G didn't mind pretending to be one as well. The loss of Callie almost put her in her grave. And I knew that she wanted to be as far away from the memories that this placed held. And I didn't blame her. I often wished that I could run from everything as well. But I had a duty I couldn't run from. I had to make sure that my little boy didn't follow in my footsteps.