Chapter 14

Callie’s POV

I woke to find myself in my room. Puzzled, I looked around confused at how I came to be lying in my bed. Then I remembered Draco finding me crying in the woods and falling asleep while he held me. Sighing, I slipped out of my bed and walked to the shower. Today, Draco would be leaving and I had to give him an answer.

Ruth what do you think?

It’s up to you Callie. But I think you should follow your heart. Do what you think will be best for you. She drops link as I step under the stream of hot water. When I emerged from my shower, my mind was made up. I would accept the bond between us. I didn’t know how it would work out, but I would give it my best shot.

As soon as I dressed, I brought my bag from my closet and began to pack. Once it was filled, I went looking for my father and I didn’t have to look very far. He was in his office staring at a picture of when we used to be a family. Before I had been taken and my life messed up.

“Daddy.” I whisper, my voice thick with emotion. He looks up at me and I could see that he knew what I decided. “Come here angel.” He says holding his arms open. I step towards him and let him hug me. His shoulder shook, but he didn’t utter a sound.

“He’ll be here soon Callie. I’m going to miss you sweetheart.”

“I’ll come and visit often Dad. Just because I chose to accept, doesn’t mean you’re losing me. Besides, if Draco doesn’t bring me to see you, I’ll bring myself.” I made a facial expression which made him chuckle. “And you’ll come to visit me won’t you Daddy?”

“Nothing could stop me from it Callie.” I smile up at him. A knock sounded from the door and Draco walked in. He looked from me to my father and back at me. “Matthias, I’d like to speak to Callie alone please.”

Dad nodded and I followed Draco out of the room. He led us to the library. He stopped just in front of the great fireplace and I quickly sat down in one of the chairs that faced him. As much as I wanted to blurt out that I decided to go with him as his mate, I waited for him to speak.

“Callie, I’ve thought it over and I’ve decided that it wasn’t fair of me to make you give me an answer in so little time. So, I’ve decided that you should think it over for a few months.” I couldn’t let him get any further. I’ve made up my mind and he wasn’t going to change it. I surged to my feet, surprising him.

Draco’s POV

When she jumped to her feet, I stopped talking. She looked determine with a hint of anger. She took five steps and stopped in front of me. Looking me in the eye, she placed her hand gently on my cheek.

“You listen to me Draco, and listen well. I’ve made up my mind and nothing you can say or do will make me change it.” I felt my heart and hope slowly sinking. She was going to reject me.

“Draco, I’m not sure how this will work out between us. But…I am willing to give it my best shot if you are.” She smiled at me then her eyes flashed. “The only thing I ask of you is that we either come here or have my father visit us often. I’ve lost so much time with him, and I just got him back.”

“You’re…You’re not rejecting me?” I asked her shocked and amazed. I smiled at her as I slowly wrapped my arms around her. “You won’t regret it Princess.” I whisper softly in her ear as I held her close to me. “I know I won’t.” She replied as my lips gently claimed hers.

Matthias’s POV

I watched as Draco’s plane took off. I was glad that Callie was happy, and as I looked back, I knew that I would do it all over again. I turned slowly and made my way to the house. There were treaties to be signed and allies to be formed. I just hoped that Draco wouldn’t mess things up with Callie.