Chapter 3

"I need help."

Karma was sitting on the floor against the bed as Nagisa made some tea. He went straight to the point and the teacher looked at him stunned.

"What?"

Karma asking for help was rare. It put Nagisa on high alert as he turned his full attention on the redhead.

"I'm completely positive that someone is after my neck," he started, and Nagisa tried to remember the news from that morning.

He had detected a malicious wavelength and tried to figure out who it was.

"It wasn't the yelling one... It was someone in the back."

Karma nodded as Nagisa went off track for a second.

"That makes me ask, why are you president?"

There was silence from Karma as Nagisa spoke.

"I know full well that if you don't want something, you'll do whatever it takes to make things go your way. And the spotlight is not your thing. Plus, as someone who works behind the scenes, you always have people coming for your neck."

Karma slowly exhaled because all of what Nagisa had said was true.

"You get me... But I need to dispose of this one."

The redhead scowled as he scrolled his phone, zooming in on one of the presidential candidates.

"Fukushu Seishin."

"Gosh, his name is horrible already." Nagisa laughed, and Karma nodded.

(It means something like Vengeful Spirit)

"Although it makes sense. Two years older, he's our third-year senpai from high school when we first started."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Karma sighed.

"So he took it upon himself to kill our 3-E."

"He's the one who tried to re-buy the land off Isogai, wasn't he?"

A nod of confirmation was all he needed for Nagisa to piece everything together.

"Exactly."

"I had to take the president role because the guy I was trying push to that role fucked up."

Karma changed the subject briefly to answer Nagisa's question earlier.

"He got caught raping a security lady on camera and had left her there in chains."

As a take out assassin, Nagisa already knew how wrenched the world could be but he still cringed at that thought.

Going back on topic, there was a group chat where the class kept in contact with each other. And lately, their group chats were about how horrible experiences almost caught some of them.

Okuda's science lap had a carbon monoxide leak which if her instincts failed her, the colourless odourless toxic gas would've killed her and her team instantly.

They fixed the problem luckily, but it got on Nagisa's nerves as six of his ex-classmates had near-death experiences.

He turned to Karma.

"Want me to rid the assassins?"

Karma nodded.

"I politely asked a few friends, and it turns out Seishin has a takeout squad."

Nagisa raised an eyebrow at this.

"You tortured them, didn't you?"

Karma grinned.

"What makes you think that?"

They chuckled as Nagisa leaned over, a finger pressed against Karma's lips as he casually rested an arm on the redhead's shoulder, bringing their bodies close.

"Coz you got your devil's smirk on, that's why."

Karma stilled, eyes wide before blinking.

"You still talking to Professor Bitch?"

"Huh? How could you tell?

Nagisa tilted his head as Karma waved a hand around.

"No, you're just oozing appeal at the moment, and it definitely wasn't there when I last saw you."

Nagisa laughed.

"It's been a couple of years. I've changed!"

Karma ruffled his hair.

"Still pretty small, is you ask me."

"Hey!"

Even among jokes, the two shared information, and by the end, Nagisa agreed to take the job

He would rather work solo but Karma wanted to get out and see the plan through himself. As a result, the president planned to live with Nagisa for the two weeks it should take to get the job done. Although he had to agree to do half the chores first.

"The whole takeout squad has their own spoilt lives and bodyguards for when they're off job."

"Give them to Mr Karasuma when we're done?"

"Yeah, I already asked Ritsu for help."

With their conversation turning away from assassination, they chatted for the rest of the night, catching up on everything as Nagisa made dinner. Karma cleaned and set the table before they dug into the food.

"You're good!" he exclaimed, and Nagisa gave an awkward chuckle.

"One job, I had to pose as a housewife, so Bitch Sensei polished my cooking and cleaning skills."

"Strict?" Karma asked, slurping the miso soup.

"Uh-huh, especially when she got nit-picky about everything!"

Karma gave a little round of applause, and the smaller boy shyly smiled.

Everything was peaceful until Nagisa noticed something.

"Where are you going to sleep?"

Karma just grinned before pulling Nagisa's smaller body onto his after they changed.

"Why not together? You did it by accident a couple of times already when we were on the private island."

Nagisa blushed. He appreciated how his instincts kept him safe, but he also hated how that also meant an unconscious decision to sleep in the safest spot.

And if Karma were in the room, Nagisa would find himself waking up next to the person who could make his heart thump out of his chest.

"Shut up... I don't need to be reminded of that."

Karma cuddled them together with a mischievous grin when he heard Nagisa squeak in surprise.

The teacher couldn't escape the strong arms that caged him in, but even so, he felt safe as Karma let out a contented sigh.

"Missed you, Nagisa."

Small hands slowly clung back, holding onto Karma as sleep overtook his tired mind.

He wanted to let loose his feelings but resolved to keep them shut forever as he nodded slightly.

"Missed you too..."