Chapter 4

It had been a week since Karma and Nagisa snuck out together at night to get the job done, and it had been going smoothly.

Karma yawned as he woke up from his afternoon power nap, and Nagisa did the same.

It was time for the end of year festival with his class, and Nagisa looked at the time as they headed to the school.

"Can we make it still even if we stay and explore?" Nagisa asked, not wanting to leave his class alone.

Karma nodded.

"We just need to leave before the bonfire dance. The target doesn't live too far, and we can see Kayano if you want."

Nagisa nodded as they reached the classroom.

"Cya in a bit," the teacher smiled, and Karma grinned.

"Sure you don't need help with those garters?"

"I'm fine!"

A chuckle escaped Karma's lips as he headed to the teacher's lounge, amusing himself over Nagisa's pouting face.

He was already used to heading straight there since he's been doing it all week long.

Life wasn't much different from his life as president since the change was just where he did the papers.

Although...

Karma inwardly smiled as he sat at the desk the head had provided.

It's nice to return to a house with Nagisa there.

Karma could feel his face warm slightly but pushed it down.

Stop it Karma, you know he likes Kayano. They've literally kissed and helped each other grow.

After he finished grinding through all the paperwork, Karma stretched his limbs and wandering around the school.

He planned to walk through Nagisa's classroom door when he decided he wanted to catch the teacher off guard. It was the perfect opportunity since Nagisa would be self-conscious in a maid outfit.

He spun on his heel and headed in the opposite direction, making his way all around the school before arriving in the room next door to Nagisa's classroom. He hid his presence as he entered and saw it was a haunted house.

Walking in, he went behind the displays to the door that connected classrooms and grinned as it opened.

Peeking in, he saw Nagisa's back to him as the teacher served a student their meal.

Perfect.

Walking over casually, so his heartbeat remained undetected, a malicious smile crept on his face as he grabbed Nagisa by the waist.

"EEP!"

The teacher fell to the floor, and Karma laughed.

"Karma... that was mean."

The president just shrugged and helped him up as the kids stared at him in awe

"What?" He asked and casually directed at his teacher.

"We've never caught him off guard. And you've done it twice!"

Karma laughed, knowing the feeling all too well. Luckily for him though, he had years of practice.

"Was I getting better, or is he getting worse? Who knows?"

Nagisa sighed as he got up, dusting the skirt a little as he did.

"You're definitely better. I'm still training if you forgot."

He then smiled and looked at his class.

"But yes, Mr Akabane here gets full marks on creativity for coming out of a door that's supposed to be shut."

He made an invisible circle on Karma's chest before walking off to welcome more customers.

The redhead only grinned a the action before some of the girls same to greet him.

Soon, the festival was over, and it was time for the yearly bonfire dance.

"Shiota sensei?"

A couple of girls had followed their teacher because they wanted to dance with the little professor and found him with Karma, ready to leave school.

Karma grinned at the girls who were eyeing the close distance between the two adults.

"Sorry kids, but I'll be stealing your teacher for the rest of the night."

The girls squealed almost too loudly as they grabbed the nearby guys and pulled them away.

Many didn't mind the girls' attention and let themselves be dragged away until they left only one.

Karma grinned at the one he called Terasaka 2.0 and put a hand on Nagisa's hip before walking away.

"Why are you like this..." Nagisa groaned, and Karma grinned.

"It's fun to see him jealous."

Karma looked at the time.

They could've stayed for the bonfire dance, but the president secretly didn't want to see Nagisa dancing with his students.

Ha... I'm still as childish as ever...

"Why would he be jealous? He just relies on me." Nagisa laughed, shaking what Karma said off before letting a hand rest on the one on his hip.

The student himself just watched as they left, and he didn't like it.

Not one bit.

He wanted Karma to go away because before the president came, Nagisa's attention was mostly to him. After all, he was a rebellious student.

Nagisa would be the one to spend the most time with him. He loved how the teacher would be there to help him with every need, even when he didn't want the help.

The attention varied from the teacher going out of his way to help deal with his family's issues to sitting through anger management classes together. The student at first hated to admit it, but Nagisa had made his life better by not leaving him alone.

It was something even the student didn't realise until Karma made him feel jealous. But the kid had fallen hard for his teacher.

He wanted to confess during the bonfire dance, and he clenched his teeth as Karma took the opportunity to reveal his feelings away.

Making a fist, he wanted to confess, and at the spur of the moment, he followed the duo.

Since he had tried so hard to catch Nagisa off guard, he was good at stealth.

The only thing was that Nagisa was just even better, so he never knew how good he actually was.

Nagisa was too conscious about Karma's hand that still rested on his waist to notice anything, and the student followed them to Nagisa's house.

They live together?

He felt his heart slowly break as he saw Karma follow Nagisa through the door, hand squeezing the teacher as Nagisa let out a yelp.

He clenched his teeth as he could feel their tension from a mile away and shoved his hands into his pockets before leaving.

Dammit.