Chapter 5

Karma lifted a hand and pointed three fingers up and two fingers down to Nagisa, who was reaching the corridor leading to the room the redhead was hiding in.

They couldn't speak as the guards inside had exceptional hearing, so instead, they relied on their trained vision.

The assassin-by-night nodded before lifting the dress he wore slightly and started to wobble down the corridor giddily.

The clank of his heels immediately caught the three guards' attention, who stood outside the door, and one of them went over to check up on Nagisa.

"Are you okay, Ma'am?" he asked, and Nagisa slowly lifted his face, letting the soft blue strands of hair bewitchingly fall in front of his eyes.

"Are you..."

As he spoke softly, a hand smoothly lifted to seductively brush the hair out of his flushed face as Nagisa made eye contact with the guard. The second they locked eyes, the assassin's arms gently wrapped around the guard's neck as he sensually traced the man's earlobe with a finger.

A soft giggle escaped his lips before Nagisa pretended to faint, letting his body slump onto the man's chest, arms still around his neck.

In a panic, the guard called the other two, who immediately left the door alone as Karma went through the vents.

As much as he could do so silently, the vents above the corridor leading into the room were creaky to prevent entrance that way, but the guards were distracted and making noise. It allowed Karma could slip in undetected as the guards instructed the one Nagisa held onto to bring the assassin into a different room to rest.

As they watched the guard walk away, the second guard immediately ran over as the first one suddenly stopped.

Facing the seemingly unconscious Nagisa, the second guard was confused as the first guard seemed to be asleep.

Without warning, the sound of a clap alerted the third guard as the second guard fell to his knees.

The third guard ran over, just to see Nagisa hopping out of the first guard's arms and slowly walk over.

It deeply disturbed the guard how Nagisa moved, strolling with a gentle sway from side to side. It was like facing a python that was ready to strike.

But just before he could call for backup, Nagisa ran forward with blinding speed, catching the man's head in a lock with his legs, letting the dress muffle the strangled cry as they fell to the floor together.

Nagisa got off the third unconscious guard with a grin before walking to the door and gently knocked.

Karma watched as the two guards inside immediately notice the knock despite it being so quiet he almost couldn't pick it up.

"What's wrong?"

The target, an assassin who worked for Seishin, was half drunk and had two unconscious women by his side.

The guard only shook his head before opening the door to see what was wrong.

Without warning, the guard left the room, and by the time the last guard went over to see what happened, Nagisa had knocked out the other and threw the final guard over his shoulder and unconscious.

The drunk target rose from his bed to see what was going on, only for Karma to drop from the ceiling and, through brute strength, hit the man unconscious.

"Phew..."

"Phew?" Nagisa asked before pointing at the five unconscious guards he knocked out.

"I should be the one saying that."

Karma chuckled before opening his phone.

"Well, you've been training while I was being president. Ritsu, send my location to Karasuma, would ya?"

The internet idol nodded, and Karma pointed to the door, indicating a bathroom for Nagisa to change in.

He nodded before returning just as Mr Karasuma arrived on the scene.

"Have you guys enjoyed the party downstairs?" their ex-teacher asked, and Nagisa nodded.

"Yup, I saw Kayano on the way up, and she provided the dress."

Karma just snickered.

"Love to know that her dresses are slightly too loose for you."

"Hey!"

Mr Karasuma rolled his eyes, seeing the two bicker jokingly just as they did before.

He covered the unconscious women before cuffing the assassin.

"How many more?"

"Five assassins and then the man himself," Karma replied, and that was all their interaction consisted of before Mr Karasuma told the two to go home.

Nagisa nodded, and the two boys ran into the night, skipping over rooftops.

"Didn't you want to speak to Kayano more?"

Karma asked, the first to speak. Nagisa shook his head, crossing another set of rooves, but Karma kept going.

"Don't you like her?"

Nagisa looked at him oddly before quietly yelling back.

"Didn't you read her article two years ago?"

"Huh?"

They stopped and jumped onto the pavement, where they walked in the darkness together.

"That she and Kataoka finally went public?"

"Wait. What?"

Karma had no idea what Nagisa was on about as they reached Nagisa's house, and they went inside to the warmth.

"They've started dating a couple of months after I kissed her... I think?"

Quickly changing into pyjamas and seeing the time just strike 3 am, Karma was confused as he asked.

"When was that a thing?"

The assassin took out his phone and scrolled down to the images dated for when they were still in high school.

"Here."

Karma stared at the photo, confused as Nagisa tried to remember when the two told him they were dating

"No idea. Kayano told me they became a thing the day after valentines. Been together since? And they came out two years ago to the public."

Karma looked at Nagisa, who didn't show a single sign of heartbreak, and he felt the box of emotions he swore to keep shut rattle in his chest like a drum.

He quickly changed too, and the two washed up to have a three-hour power nap.

Slipping into bed together, Karma pulled Nagisa close to himself that night as a single thought crossed his mind.

Do... I have a chance?