Chapter 9

"Eh?"

"?"

Dumbledore smiled at the two shinobis with a twinkle in his eyes, "Yes, a hawk just sent me this scroll just yesterday night. It is from the Hokage actually and it's probably urgent news."

Naru and Sasuke glanced at each other, then at the scroll laying innocently on top of the desk.

Naru was the one who grabbed the scroll, "Then we'll take our leave Dumbledore-sama."

Dumbledore gave them one last smile before Naru and Sasuke disappeared from his office via Body Flicker.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Godaime Hokage, Tsunade Senju

Alright brats. I have good news and bad news.

The good news for the both of you is that Orochimaru warned me about the bad news. Bad news, one of his experiments got loose and said to be in Britain. Another bad news is that Kabuto is still alive, and apparently stolen the DNA of Zetsu that Orochimaru stole.

I want the two of you to immobilize and had Orochimaru's permission to kill it before it kills people. Also, find Kabuto and take Zetsu's DNA from him before he does something.

If it starts to get worse, I might send two other shinobis. I know that one of you can finish it, but to make sure that nothing happens and to finish the mission quickly.

Naru looked wide eyed after she finished reading the scroll that was sent. Sasuke merely narrowed his eyes behind Naru's back.

The two shinobis were inside their abandoned classroom, Naru and Sasuke making sure that no one takes a look at the scroll.

The tension inside the room skyrocket. The threat about Orochimaru's experiments wasn't the first time the two encounter it, no, the threat about Kabuto is more dangerous.

"Didn't Itachi killed him?", Naru asked Sasuke after a moments of silence.

Sasuke clenched his fists tightly as he closed his eyes momentarily, "Yes. I was there."

The blonde pursed her lips, wordlessly burning the scroll using her wandless magic so that no one would be able to gain any information inside the scroll. She glanced at her boyfriend and saw him so tensed and facing the other side.

Even after 2 years, the guilt and sadness still gnawed and haunted Sasuke from the inside.

Not even a cold hearted Uchiha can handle the loss of your most precious family.

Naru wrapped her arms around Sasuke's stomach and leaned at his back. The two stayed in silence inside the classroom.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Harry frowned, emerald eyes scrutinizing the two older teens that have been... off for the past few days.

"Something wrong mate?", Ron asked after gobbling up a turkey inside his mouth. Harry glanced at his friend, "Do you feel like there's a gloomy atmosphere around Naru and Sasuke?"

Hermione, who had finally looked up from her book, rose an eyebrow at the emerald eyed boy, "What makes you say that Harry?"

Humming, Harry glanced towards the Slytherin table to observe the lone Uchiha eating at his own table with a small book held in one hand and chopsticks with the other.

Now if Harry would have looked at Sasuke right now without knowing the older teen, he would have guessed that Sasuke was his usual apathetic cold self, but after spending a few weeks with him, he can verify the difference between before and after.