CHAPTER 17: I am Avery and not his girlfriend

Live life for a moment because everything else is uncertain

-Louis Tomlinson

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

If you like the chapter click on ⭐ and don't forget to comment
~

~Avery's P.O.V~

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else..." I sing under my breath as I sit beside Bennet in the Chemistry class. This song has been playing in my mind since I woke up and I can't seem to stop myself from singing.

It's been four days since we went to the party. I broke off with Sarah and Maya and they have been giving me mean stares when we encounter each other in the hallways and Riya still hasn't opened up to us.

"Aww, you also light up my whole universe," Bennett coos as he scoots closer to me.

"The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed," I ignore him and continue singing looking around the classroom.

"Are you high on something?" he jokes and then chuckles at his joke. I hit him on his shoulder.

"Stop interrupting me, and for your information, I am singing my favorite song and I am definitely not singing it to you." I chuckle and remove my book from my bag and lay it on my desk.

"You have a beautiful voice Ava," he says taking a pencil from my bag and I frown at him.

"Thank you, and Ava? And hey that's my pencil, go and get your own," I say pouting.

He chuckles and I sigh, sulking in my seat but immediately straighten up as soon as Mr Walker enters the class.

~

Bennett taps on my shoulder. "What is it?"

"'m bored," he says pouting.

"So am I," I say as I stop my eyes from drooping and yawn.

"Let's skip this class?" he asks with a hopeful smile.

"And how are we gonna do that, my kind sir?" I ask sarcastically and plop my hands on the table and lay my head down.

"Only 15 minutes are left, so maybe next class," he says and stretches his hands. I nod and close my eyes.

"Ms Jones, would you like to tell us which sublevel can be occupied by a maximum of ten electrons?" Mr Walker yells and I instantly wake up, startled, and look around to see that everyone looking at me and Bennett is trying to control his laugh.

"I-.. Umm... Mr Walker.."

"Next time, I do not want this behavior in class. If you are bored, tell me and I will try my best to make the class interesting," he says and goes back to teaching. I sit there my mouth ajar.

"Anyways-" as Mr Walker starts explaining, the bell rings and we all start packing everything in our bags.

"See you all in the next class!" He announces and sits back at his desk.

I take my bag and leave. When I'm in the hallways I hear Bennett yell. "AVERY!" I stop walking and turn around to face him as he emerges from the crowd of students hurrying to the next class.

"Yes?"

"Ready to skip?" he grins.

"Yes!" I answer, faking the enthusiasm and we walk slowly as the hallways start clearing.

"Now, let's go." He grabs my hand and we tiptoe faster down the hallway, making sure we don't run into our principal or any of the teachers. As soon as we turn the hallway towards the school doors, we hear footsteps. Bennett looks around and tugs me into the janitor's closet near us.