CHAPTER 10: Does she remember you?

"Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place"

- Mandy Hale

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

If you like the chapter click on ⭐ and don't forget to comment.

Listen to: When You're Ready - Shawn Mendes

(Guys this chapter is the same as the last chapter but in Sebastian's p o.v.)

~

~Sebastian's P.O.V~

I was really excited after hearing the news that Avery and her family are invited to our house for dinner. I had this warm, giddy feeling since then.

Rachel and Bennett have been eating my ear out after meeting Avery. They both are really happy after meeting her, she has won their hearts. Rachel is really happy since she finally got a girl with her.

"Rachel-" I start saying but am cut off as my phone starts ringing.

*Ring ring*

"Hello," an authoritative voice greets me from the other side.

I instantly pale after recognising that voice.

"Hello, sir," I greet back the caller.

"James, you are doing your work as I told you to do?" My boss inquires, referring to my middle name. Well, we needed code words for security reasons and it was his 'great' idea to call us with our middle names.

"Yes, sir," I say confidently.

"Did you meet her?" He inquires again.

"Yes sir, I met her the first day I came here. I must say she is interesting, and feisty as always," I say with an amused smile on my lips remembering my first day in this town.

"Does she remember you? Did you talk to her?" He asks. His voice isn't cold, instead its soft and I have to lean closer into my phone to hear the voice.

"No sir, she doesn't," I say with a disappointed voice. "It's for our good in a way. I did talk to her and so did Rose and Louis."

"Okay, but remember what you are there for. SHE MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND YOU BETTER NOT GET DISTRACTED OR ELSE YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES!!" My boss shouts from the other end. I put my phone a little away from my ear because of his unexpected yell.

Before I can say anything he once again starts speaking.

"You know that you haven't gotten much time in your hands, right? You have to keep any kind of distraction away from you!" He shouts again.

Well sir, she herself is a distraction I thought to myself but I didn't dare to tell him that.

"Yes sir, we will do it faster and no distractions."

"Ok then, be safe, keep an eye out for him and DON'T YOU MAKE ME REGRET MY DECISION!" He shouts and the line goes dead.

I let out a sigh and rub my forehead as I register the fact that I shouldn't be side-tracked.

Poor girl doesn't know what is in store for her.

"Guys, he called," I say sadly.

"What does he want now?" Bennett groans.

"What did he say?" Rachel says instantly turning serious and her voice nervous.

"Don't worry. It's just that we have to speed up or we may jeopardize the mission," I say shrugging.