CHAPTER 3: Don't blame it on me sweetheart ....

"Act as if what you do makes a difference IT DOES"

- William James

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

If you like the chapter click ⭐ and share your opinion in the comments.

~

My day definitely got worse and worst by every minute.

Because now I am sitting in the principal's office with the 'knucklehead'.

Sebastian or whatever his name is, had every lecture with me!

I am a walking lucky charm.

And he always sits behind me and kicks my chair, throws paper balls at me.

~

Where is this rain of paper balls coming from?

I turn backwards and see him making small paper balls from his notebook. He gives me a sheepish smile and doesn't look guilty at all.

I huff and turn my attention back to Ms. Smith and fidget with my pen. I am listening to what she is explaining but then he starts kicking my chair. And this hit a nerve.

I stand up angrily and turn towards him. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!!!! ..." I shout very angrily.

"Ms. Jones, is there any problem?" Ms. Smith asks clearly annoyed that I disturbed her during her lecture.

I turn towards her and glare at her. "OH, SHUT U-" I stop realizing what I am saying.

"I am really sorry, Ms. Smith-" I start turning red embarrassed.

"Ms. Jones and Mr. Williams, to the principal's office. Now!" She interrupt me.

~

And as I said, here I am in the principal's office.

"It's all your fault you-" I say angrily huffing.

"Don't blame it on me, sweetheart, you know you wanted to be alone with me. So, just enjoy it," he says smirking.

"Don't call me that!" I say grumbling. I look around the office and think what the hell I did to go through this.

"You didn't deny it, sweetheart," he says smirking clearly enjoying.

"Uhm ..What?" I ask dumbly.

What is this idiot saying?

He starts laughing. And at that moment our principal Mr. Bradley enters.

"Avery! What are you doing here?" Mr. Bradley asks clearly surprised by my presence.

"Uhm... Ms. Smith sent me here," I say clearly not proud of being here.

"What a surprise Ms. Jones. You have never come here for being mischievous. Heck, are you even mischievous?" he says astonished.

And then his eyes land on Sebastian. "And you are?" He folds his hands and raises one eyebrow.

"I am Sebastian Williams." He introduces himself with enthusiasm.

"And you are here for?" The principal asks.

"I-" he was interrupted by Mr. Bradley. "Let me guess. You annoyed Ms. Jones and then... then... wait a second." He started with confidence and then at the end, he became confused.

He turned towards me. "We are talking about you, right?"

"Yes," I say.

"But-but how come you are here? You have always been a good child."

"OK let me explain. He annoyed me -" I start.

"Hey!" I ignore the knucklehead and continue explaining.

"I got really angry and -"

"Hey! Can you hear me?!" I once again ignore him.

"I shouted at him and I may have said shut up to Ms. Smith. " I finished.

"Ave!!"

"What!!" I snap.

"Nothing," he simply says smiling.

I swear this guy has a problem!

Principal Bradley lets out a defeated sigh at our banter.

"Ms. Jones and Mr. Williams, you both will be helping me with these files as punishment after school." He says in a stern voice looking at the bundles of files on his desk.

And we start doing our assigned work or at least I do.

~

"Ave!" He calls. He's been saying this since we started working with files. And let me tell you it takes a lot of patience to ignore someone for straight 2 hours.

"What!" I exclaim.

"I was saying- " he says excitedly.

"Don't speak, don't even look at me. Just shut up!!" I say not wanting to hear him.

"Why sweetheart, do you not love my voice?" he says smirking.

"You are the reason we are here! Don't talk to me." I say angrily.

And he still continues to annoy me and I continue to ignore him.

~

I walk out of the school and towards the now empty parking lot. I messaged my mom earlier that I will be coming home late and when she asked me why, I said that I wanted to hang out with Maya and Sarah. I sit in my car and drive home blasting music through my stereo.

As I park my car in the driveway, I see a familiar red car parked in the driveway of my neighboring house. 

×××××

Hey guys!
Well, this chapter has been a short one. But trust me, things are going to be really interesting in the next couple of chapters. How is the book so far? Hope you all like it.

Edited by: _ragha_

If you like the chapter and want to support me click ⭐. And comment on what you think.

QUESTION TIME...

So speaking of neighbors, do any of you have any memorable/horrible events with your neighbors?

Xoxo

Published on: 11 September 2020