CHAPTER 8: I am flattered....

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wildflower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour

- William Blake

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

If you like the chapter click on ⭐ and don't forget to comment.

~

Riya and I are currently in the library, just goofing around, till the bell rings for the next lecture.

"So, who was that guy sitting next to you during lunch?" She asks with a teasing smile but doesn't let me answer and continues. "I must say he is cute. OMG! You guys will be so cute together," she gushes on and on.

Sebastian and me together? Ewwww, I'd rather sacrifice my Nutella than be with him. And that's saying something, because Nutella is my whole damn life.

I roll my eyes and zone her out and take out my phone to check my Instagram feed. I see Sebastian's request and click on his profile. I expected it to contain his shirtless photos or something like that but I am shocked to find paintings and drawings. The latest post is a painting of a boy and a girl-probably four years old-happily running hand in hand in a meadow. Mostly he drew night sky, scenery and sunsets and I am mesmerized by his talent. Some posts were pics of him with his cousins and friends.

Maybe this guy is not as cocky and arrogant as he seems to be. With this thought, I finally accept his follow request.

"Hey!" Riya exclaims noticing that I am not listening.

"You finished?" I ask her trying to raise my one eyebrow.

Keyword 'trying'. Because I don't know how to raise it. I know, sad life.

"Oh my God! You noticed," she exclaims sarcastically.

"Whatever, the guy you were gushing about is Sebastian, who I mentioned to you yesterday as the annoying crack head," I say.

Just then the bell rings and we part ways for our next lecture.

~
Throughout the day Sebastian tried to catch my attention but I ignored him.

After some more attempts he finally gave up, or so I thought.

~
I exit the school and say goodbye to Riya as I had my last lecture with her. After walking for some distance, I hear a set of footsteps and realize it's not of one person but multiple, my eyes widen in fear and my heart starts beating wildly, gripping my bag tightly in my fists I start running not even turning to see who they are.

Run Avery run!

Someone clasps my upper hand from behind and I shriek and take the first thing that I find in my bag which is a pen and start stabbing the person behind me with it harshly and shut my eyes tightly out of fear.

"Take this!" *Poke*

"Ouch!" A familiar voice exclaims from behind me. But me being my dumb-self do not stop.

I hear a roar of laughter from behind me and I poke harder. Please don't tell me that these kidnappers are enjoying my feistiness.

"Sweetheart! it's me!" A voice exclaims from behind me again.

Sweetheart- This idiot really is craving for hell!

"Oh, it's you," I say casually.

"Yes, it's me, Avery! What the hell were you thinking!" He exclaims angrily.