CHAPTER 12: Be careful, I ate the last person

Never say 'NO', never say 'I CANNOT', for you are infinite.
ALL THE POWER IS WITHIN YOU, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.

- Swami Vivekananda

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

If you like the chapter click on ⭐ and don't forget to comment

~

~Riya's P.O.V~

"I am going in Avery's car, and that's final," I declare crossing my hands. I came in my roller skates this morning so it is not a problem.

"Well suit yourself, we are going in Sebastian's car," Sarah says and walks towards his car and Maya tags along.

"Sorry ladies, but my car is full," Sebastian replies not looking the least bit apologetic. They frown and walk back towards Avery and I.

"Belle lets go," I say to Avery.

"Belle?" The question comes from Rachel.

"Yeah, I have this habit of calling some people with the names of Disney characters, she kind of reminds me of Belle from Beauty and The Beast, with her brown hair and brown eyes. And that name even suits her," I say nervously chuckling.

"Cool! Then you'll be Jasmine and I'm guessing that you call Maya as Merida."

I laugh. "Yes, she's really a spitting image of her. When I saw her for the first time, I went to her and asked if her name is Merida. I have many embarrassing moments."

Avery smiles, "I love the name Belle. That's why I'm letting her call me that. She once called our History teacher Maleficent," she laughs and goes around the car to get in driver's seat. That's the first time she laughed today.

I claim the shotgun before Sarah or Maya can. They get in the backseat and take out their phones and type something in it at rocket speed, well at least Sarah does, I don't know what Maya is doing.

"Want to know a cool a fact?" I ask no one, in particular, to break the silence, looking out the window.

"Yeah," says Belle, I don't look at her and continue staring out the window.

"There is a star in our universe which takes a break once in a while, PSR J1841-0500." I say checking out my nails. "Can you believe it? Even stars take a break and we are humans, so shouldn't we also be allowed to take a break?" I say finally looking at her.

"Riya, are you okay?" she asks worriedly taking her attention off from the road and turns to me.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I say looking down at my lap and playing with the hem of my crop hoodie.

"It's just, you said this out of blue and it's really unlike you," she says eyeing me and turns her attention back to the road.

"Oh."

Suddenly music fills the car, I look to see that Avery is playing the music from her phone which is connected to the speaker.

Everybody's got their demons
Even wide awake or dreaming

She sings along with the song and I hear Sarah too singing it softly.

"Which song is this? I have never heard this before?" I ask bobbing my head along with the song.

"It's Jet Black Heart by 5 Seconds Of Summer," she says and continues singing. I nod in response.

I immediately search the song in my Spotify app and add it to my playlist. I close my eyes and lean against the window and feel the music.