T H I R T Y - T W O

Sunlight streamed in through the window, blinding my face, and dragging me out of my deep slumber. Instinctively I roll over so that my back was to the window, and end up rolling straight into Jace's arms, who after feeling me shift in his bed, also woke up. My head fits perfectly in the corner between his arm and his chest so I snuggle in closer. He rubs soothing circles in my lower back as a way to keep me in place, but I wasn't planning on moving either way. 

It had been a massive struggle getting Jace up the stairs by myself last night since Bev was completely knocked out on the couch. I didn't think it would be too hard and thought what better way than to watch over Jace if he were sleeping a foot away from me. So I persevered and probably sprained my lower back in the process, but we finally made it upstairs and into bed. 

It was a bit awkward between us after our kiss, but I didn't let myself overthink it, especially since I didn't plan on sleeping on the floor last night. The last thing I needed was to replay our first kiss as I tried to fall asleep in the same bed. That was a sure recipe for a restless night filled with enough sexual tension to rival The Twilight Saga. 

I found myself falling back into my slumber, safe now in Jace's arms. I didn't realize how much I craved being touch until the thought of having to get up crept into my head and I didn't want to have to do that. 

"Elliot,"

"Mhmm," 

"Could you move your leg?" He asked, a little breathless. 

I had naturally straddled his waist when I shifted over to face him since that's how I normally slept—with one leg bent and the other one straight. I looked up to see his face turning red, and then it clicked in my head. 

"Sorry about that," I said, removing my leg, painstakingly slow, enjoying the range of my effects on him. 

"Weird that you don't seem all that sorry."

"Weird that you want to fu—"

"Don't start something you can't finish," he said, shifting so that he hovered over me. 

"Who said I couldn't finish it?" I sat up, closing the distance between us, bringing our lips together. It was the second time that we've kissed in less than 24 hours, and it just kept getting better and better. Jace's wounds healed a bit more overnight, leaving him with a better range of movement and energy than before. He was quick to match my lips and eventually take over. I could tell he was surprised by my own enthusiasm, as was I, especially since I never let on that I liked him back. I was more worried about what it would mean to be in a relationship with Jace, than the actual relationship itself. 

I was ready to deprive myself of this all because I was afraid of how it was to end. Now there was no going back. Whether my heart was going to be broken or Jace's, there was nothing either of us could do except embrace and savor these moments for as long as we can. 

He groaned, and not like a sexy groan, more like and I'm in pain groan, so I pulled away, and he plopped back onto his back. "Did I hurt you?"

"No, my body just remembered that it was stabbed a day ago," he joked, wincing in pain again. 

"Should I get Dayna?"

He shook his head. "Weird that you're thinking about my grandmother in bed," he laughed and then gasped out when I smacked his shoulder. "It was a joke. Yes, get Dayna."

"I changed my mind. I rather watch you in pain."

"I thought we were past you wanting to get your revenge on me?"

"Oh just because you kissed me, you think everything is going to be rainbows and butterflies?"

"Maybe not perfect, but at least the murderous tendencies were going to be gone."