T W E N T Y-S E V E N

My butt itched. I was currently wearing a tight black sparkly dress that felt it could have been a cat scratching post from how itchy it made my butt feel. I wasn't a fan, but Jace had insisted that I wear it tonight. He didn't tell me much about what we were doing tonight other than going into the City to go clubbing with Maggie. 

Even now after we have been through so much together, he still doesn't trust me to just straight out let me know what trouble we would be getting ourselves into tonight. At this point, I accepted that no matter what, it wasn't going to be a simple clubbing experience. There were going to be threats and probably physical violence. Maggie and Jace will likely use their magic for something and I will definitely be a pawn in their little games. 

I couldn't figure out my exact role, but the dress was a great indication that I would at least be seducing someone tonight. Probably a middle-aged man who has a hard time keeping his hands to himself. Even knowing this, I agreed to accompany Jace. 

I started keeping tabs on my phone of all the favors I had done for him, so this was just another thing I could add to the list. Soon, I'll figure out a way for him to repay me for all of my troubles. I was thinking of a new car, but that might be pushing it. I would settle for him to fill out all of my college applications for me. I really wasn't looking forward to writing my college essay and had half the mind to write it about being sucked into Jace's world. 

I shifted uncomfortably in Jace's passenger seat as he drove down the 95 South. We were about 15 mins away from Maggie's apartment where we were meeting her before going to the club, but the way Jace drove, I wouldn't be surprised if we got there in the next five minutes. 

"Why are you doing that?" He asked, placing a hand on my bare knee to get me to stop moving. 

"This dress is making my ass itchy! That's why. Now let me do what I gotta do to feel some relief." 

Jace eyed me like I wasn't okay. "You're going to get glitter stuck on my seat," he argued. 

"Well, you should have thought about that before you gave it to me to wear." 

"Yea, that's not what I was thinking about..." He stopped himself from finishing that sentence, but it was too late, I could already tell where he was going with that, causing me to blush. Being in a fake relationship with Jace, meant that we had to keep up a facade that we liked each other romantically, but it also meant that we were getting too comfortable keeping the ruse going even if no one was around to hear like now as we were alone in his car. 

"I'm going to make you a pillow out of this dress after tonight to see how you like it rubbing against your body," I said, pretending I hadn't heard his previous statement. 

"Okay, sir knits-a-lot. You need to calm it with the homemade shit before people think your like married to your sewing machine."

I gasped, mocking being hurt. "This is the appreciation I get after making you that hat, which I would like to remind you that you never take off. Am I supposed to believe that you don't appreciate my knitting skills?! And here I was thinking about making you another as your Christmas present." 

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I never said I didn't appreciate your talent. But since we are on the topic of Christmas presents, I just want to put out there that I am a fan of the color black and will not be opposed to having a warm hat to match my gear," he said, glancing between me and the road. 

"Hmmm, I guess we will just have to see if you've been naughty or nice this year when the time comes."

"I can show you naughty if you want to see naughty?"