Chapter 14

I engulfed Cassie in a hug as Alora stood by with a wide smile, while Lukas and Annette watched with their own smiles.

"It's been forever" Cassie mumbled, I laughed as she held me there for a moment. Alora hugged me next as I noticed Lukas and Carlisle talking, I had yet to introduce any of them to each other but they seemed to hit it off anyways.

That was good, yeah, it was gonna be fine. Everything was going to be alright.

Annette gave me a bright smile as she walked forward with flowers in her hand giving me a big hug. I missed everyone, and everything and New York, and my friends, my job, my life it was all so overwhelming to be back. 

Though I'd have to go back.

As they all stepped away I looked at Carlisle who flashed me a smile as we all talked about our summer plans, I hadn't mentioned anything about Nick, I just couldn't not with everything going on.

"I'm pregnant" Annette blurted out as we all stopped and turned to look at her, my eyes widened as we all screamed in complete joy.

"You're kidding" Cassie screamed as she engulfs Annette in a hug, 

I raised my eyebrows t Lukas, who seemed to have already known, he gave me a smirk as he watched his wife fangirl with the rest of us about the gender.

"I want a girl, so I can dress her up, but Lukas wants a boy. I mean I'm fine with both you know, it's so crazy!" Annette laughed as we all agreed.

"I want a girl too," Cassie said as she eyed Annette's belly.

"Me too" I agreed,

"Me three" Alora laughed as we all huddled in for another laugh.

***

"So who's your friend," Cassie asked as I took her measurements, I rolled my eyes watching her through my mirror.

"completely platonic Cas" I assured as Cassie scoffed, 

"Oh come on, did you see the way he looks at you I mean he's so totally into you" Cassie replied with a huge smile.

"you look into things way more than you should" I smiled as she rolled her eyes,

"You see it to don't you- oh my god you like him too" Cassie exclaimed as her hand covered her mouth.

"He's my friend Cassie, besides where's Leo, isn't he supposed to be around somewhere?" I asked changing subjects,

"Bachelor party, they planned this weird night but it's a whole day thing, he's probably going to come home wasted," Cassie said with an exasperated sigh.

"Aren't you excited for yours? It's in a couple of days, I can almost bet you'll come home more wasted" I asked as I wrote down her waist and shoulder measurements.

"You know you guys don't have to do this, it's not like I need some party for this marriage thing"

"You're getting married, Cassie"

"I'm getting married" Cassie concurred as she stared at herself as I tightened the lacing, she looked beautiful in her dress, it reminded me of my fitting at my wedding.

"where you this nervous at your wedding?" Cassie asked, I looked up to her with a sad smile, I couldn't say much since I wasn't exactly happy with my wedding to be fair.

"I was nervous, sure but it wasn't the same situation" I replied she bit her lip as she looked at me with sad eyes.

"It must've been hard going through all that, I guess I never really thought about it," Cassie said as she turned around to face me.

"And you shouldn't, it's over, this is supposed to be about you" I bugged as she fiddled with her nails.

"I know but still, it was tough and you had no one-"

"Cassie stop, it's in the past, besides look where it got me," I smiled as she engulfed me into a tight hug.

"Ouch!" Cassie flinched as she pulled away picking out a pin.

"Oops sorry I forgot I put those in" I smiled as she glared at me before falling into her own laugh, 

"I'll look these over tomorrow and then get back to you," I informed, Cassie, nodded as we walked out of the boutique

Cassie had her own thing to do, whilst I was just going to walk around for a bit, feel the weather again, New York weather.

"You didn't tell me you were coming," I froze as I bit my lip, I knew it was coming but I didn't know what I was going to do when it happened, 

His overly expensive suit fit him nicely, his tie was always perfect, pearly white teeth, and god that man was tall, intimidating too.

"I didn't wanna bother you with you're um- wedding planning" I answered as he stood directly in front of me, his eyes trained on me.

"Don't fucking lie to me Juliet" He whispered as he swung his hand over my shoulder in a forceful manner as we began to walk, I mean forcefully of course.

"Look, Nick, this isn't- God I just don't understand what this is about," I asked almost hesitantly as he chuckled deeply,

"Mmm, I think you know exactly what this is about" He whispered so close I could feel his minty breath on my skin,

He wore a long beige trench coat which matched his suit as he swayed in the wind while he walked.

"I don't recall-"

"You loved it, Juliet, you fucking took it when you had the chance so what is it? What don't you get hmm?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist tightening his grip as I tensed up.

"You didn't call"

"Neither did you"

"Be careful Juliet you're on thin ice" He warned as we swerved into a corner ally leading somewhere else.

"where are you taking me, Nick- stop let go of me!" I attempted to get his hand off, but he just tightened his grip. 

Finally, after a few turns we arrived, a huge vacant building. 

This wasn't the Nick I knew, or at least I thought I knew. This was someone completely different, a new man.

"You wanna know what's really been fucking going on" Nicholas's voice became loud, distant, and heavy.

He pulled out a gun as my eyes widened, my hand going straight to my mouth covering it as I watched him point it.

***

Don't forget to vote,

Plot twist lol :))