Chapter 21

Juliets POV

I looked around, everyone was in their places. It looked perfect, the venue was beautiful. A perfect spot that represented Cassie and Leo so well. 

It was perfect

It was perfect. Everything was perfect. 

Leo stood at the altar as his step-brother, Carter stood next to him, and the other 3 men on Carter's right.

I rushed to the back as everyone got in their positions. And we let the wedding begin. 

***

As I stood next to Cassie, who looked beautiful, my eyes wandered around the room. Nick still hadn't shown up. Carlisle on the other hand sat in the middle row with a smile on his face. 

It was obvious I was avoiding him, but tonight I needed to put that behind me. 

"You may now kiss the bride" The pastor announced Leo leaned in for the kiss as everyone clapped and celebrated. 

Hand in hand the two walked down the aisle as everyone cheered them on. It was all so happy, everything was perfect. 

That's when I saw him, walking in through the back. 

Nick's eyes landed on mine. I looked away, I couldn't get carried away with tonight especially when I had a million things to do. 

Leo and Cassie would head to a hotel and change for the after-party while everyone else would eat and enjoy for a while.

I set out to the back to make sure the food was ready and prepared, God knows what would happen if something went wrong at this time. 

"Hey wait up Juliet!" Carlisle's voice became distant. I stopped and turned around and as he sped up to catch up with me. 

"I feel like you've been avoiding me," He said awkwardly, 

"I've just been so busy with wedding planning and the shop it's just been really hectic" I answered hesitantly.

"Oh, I suppose you could make it up to me with a dance" He proposed,

"Oh- uh, yeah okay" I smiled, instantly regretted my decision but Carlisle had already walked away, sighing I walked towards the kitchen to search for extra plates. Bending down under the counter I fetched some plates as I stood up Nick stood right in front of me with only the island counter in between us. 

He had a glass of champagne in his hand as he leaned against the counter. 

"Dancing with the enemy?" He observed, assuming he overheard Carlisle's request. 

"Oh lay off, he's innocent" I defended leaning down to find some extra forks and spoons for the food. 

"Is he?" Nick asked, almost testing my own knowledge.