Chapter 27

"I made dinner reservations tonight," Nick said, as he glanced in my direction patting down his suit,

"Oh? Any reason?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, not that these romantic gestures were shocking from Nick, we had both just been so busy the past few days I wasn't sure if we would be getting any time for ourselves till perhaps the weekend.

"I think you need a break, it's a good friend's grand opening," Nick replied as he walked over to me,

"Okay, sounds good. What are your plans for today?" I asked, normally with his busy schedule I'd just phone his assistant and ask her so I wouldn't be blowing up his phone while he was busy, but today it just felt different.

"Going to see an investor, I don't really need him but he's got a good reputation. He can only really benefit me from here, and I need someone trustworthy enough to be keeping track of the business in New York" He explained as he checked his watch.

"What about Charles, isn't he watching over the business?" I asked as I fixed the collar on Nick's shirt.

"You know how Charles is, he's in and out the building. He can really only manage so many things at once, and Loraine has been complaining about his flirtatious behavior." Nick rolled his eyes in annoyance,

I chuckled in response.

"I have to get up Nick" I groaned, as I turned in the bed annoyed, he chuckled lightly sitting down in bed before grabbing my waist pulling me to him as he laid my head on his lap.

"Just a few more months, baby" he whispered placing a lingering kiss on my lips,

"Morning breath Nick!" I scolded, he had done this every morning, and I still couldn't get used to it.

"I have to call my parents" I whispered reminding myself of what Nick had told me earlier.

"The longer you wait the harder it gets" he replied as he caressed my cheek.

"I know...I'm just so afraid you know," I answered

"I know baby, but nothings going to change if you run away from it"

"What if they don't want to talk to me" I whispered

"You're thinking of impossible scenarios Juliet, call them" he answered as he dragged me out of bed,

"Think it over, we can talk about it when I get home" he answered,

It was finally Saturday which meant my day off, usually, Nick and I would spend it together but with his busy schedule, I'd be alone today. 

Which gave me time, to call my parents.

"I'll call you around noon alright?" Nick asked standing by the bedroom door.

"Sure" I smiled as I watched him leave, and again silence consumed me. The overwhelming feeling of an empty house the size of ours was in a way depressing. Even with my efforts to convince Nick we didn't such a huge house for the two of us he insisted that it made no difference to him. 

My mind drifted to kids, this house had enough rooms to fit a hefty amount, but that wasn't the point. It wasn't like we were staying here, the house back in New York was beautiful and I imagined it to be mine forever home. 

But, did I even want kids? Was I ready to be a mother, was Nick ready to be a father? I had a few scares here and there, and the possibility still lingered and my mind raced when I thought about it. I sure as hell wasn't ready now, and I'm not sure if I would ever be ready. 

Sighing I sat up slipping on my slippers and robe as I made my way to the bathroom, I washed up and headed downstairs. 

 I was pleasantly surprised to find a cream cheese bagel and a cup of coffee already sitting at the counter for me, it wasn't like Nick to do this all the time mainly because I was usually up before him but it truly did make my heart flutter.