stacey's pov

My mom says I'm too young to have a boyfriend. I honestly don't think so I mean I'm 14 years old. If my mom thinks I'm too young, she shouldn't meet my 11 year old sister's boyfriend.

I sighed and stepped into my warm shower that I had started to run water for. I took shampoo and lathered my long brown hair.

15 minutes later I stepped out and marveled at my reflection. A lot of people say I look like my dad, but I honestly hope they are joking.

I stared at my small brown eyes, button nose, and strained droll mouth. I've always been self-conscious. I just looked in mirror and saw my father.

When I was very young, I witnessed my dad abuse my mom one too many times and developed chronic depression. After that, my dad flew coop and I haven't seen him since.

I have a couple scars on my wrist where I had tried to commit sucide when I was twelve right after my dad had left.

My mom considered sending me to rehab but I declined it.

I just sigh continue to blow dry my hair.

I go into my room and slip on my softball hoodie and some skinny jeans.

I brushed my hair lightly and decide to do a French braid.

I finally finished and head down for breakfast.

My 11 year old sister Bella was sitting on a stoll typing away on her phone.

"Bell, I need to leave. Where's Alex?" I ask.

She suddenly looks up. "Him and mom are out doing something. You have to walk to school."

I moan slipping on my blue vans and grabbing my floral backpack.

"Bye Bella!" I yell walking outside and slamming the door behind me.

I text my best friend, Betty telling berth at we would have to walk since Alex couldn't take us.

I put in my earbuds as I walk down the side walk to my best friends house.

I decide to put on some All Time Low. I had gotten most of my music taste from my brother.

But my favorite band will always be One Direction.

I walk a couple more blocks before stopping at a brick house.

Betty runs out with her school bag in her hand "Stacey!!" she yells walking beside me.

"Hey Betty." I say as we continue to walk.

"So how are you and Ben?" she asks with a smirk on her face.

I laugh nervously, I had never texted him like I told him I would, instead I talked to Josh.

"Oh good." I say and smile.

We walk into the school parking lot a couple minutes later and have to part our ways.

I find my way to my locker as soon as I get inside, since I had to walk I got here a little later than usual.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I turn around to see Ben.

"Hey Ben." I say giving him a smile.

"Hey Stace, why didn't you ever text me?" he asks with concern.

"Oh my wifi was down." I lie trying to get over the fact that I couldn't tell him the truth.

"Oh alright." he smiles "See you in math class." he says and makes his way down to his first period.