Stacey's pov

I scuttled downstairs to see what my family was doing. I saw my mom cooking dinner.

"Hey honey how was school today?" she asked me.

I leaned against the island and munched on a carrot. "Not bad. Is is ok if go hang out with a friend tonight?"

My mom dropped a handful of onions in her pot. "Did you finish all your homework?"

I rolled my eyes. "On a Friday?"

Mom chuckled. "I guess not. Where are you planning on going?"

"Oh, just to the movies."

"With who?"

Ugh why were mothers always so nosy? "Just one of my friends that you don't know."

I slowly walked away hoping my mom wouldn't suspect anything. Just then my phone dinged. I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at it.

It was from Ben. He had said 'Who's this Josh guy?'

I quickly texted back, 'What r u talking about?'

'I'm talking about your tweet'

'Oh, he's just a friend.'

'U sure?'

'Yeah babe how could I ever replace you?'

I winced at myself. Grr I felt as though I was forced to choose between Ben and Josh. I ran my fingers through my hair.

I knew I really liked both of them but I barely knew Josh and I was already dating Ben. Maybe I could be brave enough to tell Ben the truth tonight.

-(later)-

I sat outside on my porch waiting for Ben to arrive. His dad came up driving his red convertable.

I watched as Ben stepped out of the passenger's seat. Dang he was hot. But so was Josh. Ugh I couldn't have that battle with my self right then so I started walking towards him.

"Hey babe." he said pulling me into his arms. I smelled cologne on his shirt.

"Are you wearing cologne?" I asked him.

"Yeah, you like it?" he replied smirking a bit.

I grinned as we stepped into the backseat of his car.

We walked into the movie theater together and bought our popcorn.

I realized that we were pretty early and the lights were still on. I decided to use the time to check my social media.

All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice. "Stacey?"

"Betty! Hey I didn't know you were coming here!"

I set my phone down on the arm of the seat as I chatted away with my bestie.

At one point, I heard it vibrate but I ignored it. Soon after that Betty went to her seat.

I turned back forwards and saw that Ben had took my phone. A look of anger spread across his face as he typed furiously.

"Woah, Ben what's going on?" I asked him concerned.

"Some dude is texting you and asking you if you like him and if you want to meet him."

Crap. Josh. I forgot about him.

Ben thrusted my phone back at me. I glanced at what he typed. It said,'Idk who u r but this is her bf so BACK OFF!!'

I glanced over at Ben who was looking at me scrolling through our other messages. Even the one where I had said he was good looking.

Ben glared at me and said simply,"That's it."

"What?"

"You clearly like this guy so why don't you date him instead of me?"

With that, Ben gathered his things and stalked out of the theater leaving me sitting all by myself.