Stacey's pov

It was the next morning and I rolled over groggily in my bed after being up so late last night skyping Josh.

I groaned and swung my legs over the side of my bed and reached for my phone. I started to text Ben good morning just like I always used to.

Oh yeah. I suddenly remembered what had happened. I set my phone back down and ran my face through my hands.

I realized that what was done was done and I couldn't change a thing about it.

I thumped lazily into the hallway and sleepily rubbed my eyes. I walked into the kitchen and said a hasty "good morning" to my mom while reaching in the pantry trying to find something to eat.

"Look who finally decided to get up." my mom chuckled from behind her laptop.

All of a sudden, a long arm stretched over my head and snatched my phone straight out of my hands.

"Hey!" I cried and whirled around to see who the culprit was.

There stood my brother laughing hysterically and purposefully holding my phone where I couldn't reach it.

He used one arm to hold me back and the other to scroll through my phone.

"Woah, what's this?" he asked a concerned tone in his voice.

Crap. I had made a Josh edit and Alex found it.

"Nothing! Nothing at all..." I said and to snatch my phone back.

Alex held it at an even farther angle. "Are you cheating?"

"No." I answered plainly still grasping for my phone.

Alex gasped over dramatically. "Did you guys break up?!"

"Gimme my phone." I mumbled holding back tears.

I finally got my phone back but stalked back to my room filled with embarrassment and depression.

I'd always had a problem with my confidence ever since my dad left. Alex knew that. Why'd he have to test me like that?

I heard a soft knock at my door. "Honey can I come in?"

I walked up and opened the door. My mom walked in and sat next to me on my bed. "Stacey we need to talk."

"My job here hasn't been going too well and I found a new job opportunity in a different state. I've bought a house and long story short, we're moving in two weeks."

My eyes widened. "WHAT! I'd have to leave all my friends behind, my school, the house I've lived in all my life. I can't do this!"

Mom sighed and kissed me on my forehead. "Sorry, sweetie. It's for the better. We'll have a better house and be in a better school district too. Things'll be great you'll see."

With that, my mom slowly stood and left me yet again all alone.