nicolence charity event

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

I was busy thinking of ways to get my engagement with Olivia cancelled when Amal's voice bothered me.

"Cal, will you be going to the Nicolence Charity Event?" Amal asked as he looked up from his phone.

I caught the baseball ball that I was aimlessly throwing up the air and turned my head towards him all while my head is still rested on my leather swivel chair.

We were currently in my private study of our college, a whole wide room just for me, but I had these four disturb my peace by being here.

"Uh, yeah I have to. Nancy's mom is the event organizer this year and invited me as her partner so I will mostly likely go with her." I answered.

"Great, I will go then." he said and started tapping on his screen, but then he paused again and looked towards the others.

Conner was taking a nap on one of the other sofas and instead of letting the man sleep peacefully, Amal got up from his seat and shook Conner awake.

"Rise and shine, princess, are you going to that charity event this Saturday?" he pestered.

Now, one thing about Conner was that he hated getting interrupted from his sleep so when he opened his eyes, he already had a killer look. Oh, trouble.

"I will close off all of your family's accounts--"

"Woah, woah! I just wanna know if you're going or not." Amal defended, clearly amused.

"I'm not going to a boring event, get off me now." he said, still irritated and closed back his eyes. Amal turned to his next victims.

Angelo and Rafael were busy playing NBA 2K and were too into it. Seeing that, he decided to stand in front of the TV screen, but he was only able to cover about 1/4 of it because of its width so he decided to flail his arms.

"Amal! You better move from there!" Raf screamed, pissed off.

"Are you going to the Nicolence Charity Event?" Amal asked.

"Ugh, I'm gonna beat you up so bad!" Angelo threatened as he tried to concentrate on his game.

"I have to go, you already know that, you bastard." Raf finally answered.

"Fine-- I'm going." Angelo said.

Satisfied, Amal stepped out of the way and sat back down.

The Nicolence Charity Event was for a charity event to raise funds for children that do not have enough money for education, but if you ask me, it's just another networking event for the elite to make trades and deals and whatnot with glasses of champagne or white wine in their hands.

And of course, another event to make the journalists and happy.

I noticed Conner waking up, grumpy attitude as usual, his sleep bothered by Amal. I checked at the time and we still had an hour left before our next class. Grunting, I continued putting my brain to work for some ideas.

"Am I still dreaming or is that the princess I'm looking at?" Conner asks, looking outside the floor to ceiling window. 

I immediately looked towards him to see whether he was just messing with me or not, but I quickly concluded that that wasn't the case because Conner was never in a mood to kid around if he just woke up. I stood up and went over to him without realizing that Amal was already looking beside me too.

Even the two others got away from their game just to come and see.

I was hoping it wouldn't be true, but there she was.