can the world stop spinning

Olivia Grace Arcane

"Thank you, sir Carlton." I say to him as he led me out of the vehicle.

Just as I was doing so, another car stopped and I recognized one of prince Calian's attendants opening the door for him.

I remembered how I just saw him with Nancy earlier, but then quickly pushed it back in my furthest memory.

Our eyes met and we both paused, but he was the first to approach me. He smiled, but it was simply a greeting and polite smile.

"Princess, it seems you were called also." he says and I bowed my head slightly as a greeting.

"Good afternoon, Prince Calian." I greeted him. "Yes, although I don't really know what is going on."

"Well, don't look at me, I also have no idea. Let's not keep them waiting, you know how old people get mad at the little things." he says and offers his arm to me.

I let out a small chuckle and laced my right arm to his and with that, we started heading upwards the cemented staircase.

I thought that none of us would talk like usual, that we would keep our silence until we got there and I would have been content with that.

However, I was surprised when he started talking to me first.

"How are you finding the workload at the academy?" he asks as we made a left turn.

"Well, it's alright, it's not too hard. It's fun to be with others."

He turned to me and nodded.

"That's good..." he says, his voice faltering as if he was feeling proud.

Although I didn't understand the sentiment, I just simply nodded also. To my surprise, he kept talking to me.

He asked about my classes and which teachers I had and gave me advices on them to which I listened intently, not on what he was saying really, but just on him talking. Meanwhile, I couldn't hold the smile that were on my lips.

If my stepmother were to see me, she would surely scold me for smiling too much. She would say that it's unbecoming of a lady.

When we saw the doors to the throne room and when the knights standing outside to guard saw us and the small company we had behind us, they immediately opened the doors.

While waiting for the doors to be fully opened, because it was a rule that we cannot enter the throne room only after the doors are fully opened, I had one of those sentiments.

It's just one those feelings, one of those moments where you feel like your life will forever be changed.

I had a strong feeling that the me who would be walking inside this room will be different from the me that will walk out.

Inside, we heard someone announcing our presence.

"The Crown Prince of Altomare and Crown Princess of Meridia!"

As we passed by, the knights and everyone that were present bowed their heads, waiting until we pass them by before they could raise their heads once more.

My parents were there, sitting on their throne. I didn't fail to catch the look of disdain my stepmother casted on me, but I immediately turned away.

I wasn't expecting to see the king and queen of Altomare there also, prince Calian's parents. In fact, two seats were even added just for them, not with the same splendour as the ones my father and stepmother sat on, but it also cannot be overlooked.