can it get any greener?

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

As predicted, the media went crazy with the piece of news. The whispers of the ballroom turned to headline in tabloids, topics for vloggers and conspiracy theorists and thus, we're in a situation with many unwanted news.

I mean to be frank, most of them are not farfetched. It was true that I was seeing Nancy and it was also true that my relationship with Olivia is not a good one.

As a result, my parents as well other officers and even my butler gave me never-ending lectures. I knew I was at fault, it was very clear when Olivia explained herself, so I am in no place to hate the lectures. Actually, the worst punishment was the looming regret inside of me.

Blaming and being angry towards the princess when it turns out that it was my fault loomed over me and I knew that I had to apologize to her. No matter how much I dislike her as my fiancée, what I did was not right.

But a week has passed and I still wasn't able to apologize, much less get a hold of her.

With the frenzy of the events, I was busy getting disciplined. I could have contacted her by phone, but then I remembered that I don't have her phone number and that she didn't have any social media accounts, or none that I knew of. And plus, apologizing through the phone is not polite and not my go to.

I was readying myself to see her for our scheduled dinner this day, but I had just received notice that that was cancelled as the princess is not feeling well.

Although, I am not sure if that's only because she doesn't want to see me.

I took my blazer off and tossed it at the velvet couch of my room.

I can't get the face of Olivia off my head and I hated the regret that I am not able to discharge off my chest.

Well, at the very least she will be attending the academy as of this coming week so I will make sure that I will talk to her then.

Monday rolled in, the day I had been waiting for. After all, I can finally remove the burden off my chest whether she was going to accept it or not.

I managed to obtain Olivia's schedule from the school secretary although it was temporarily confidential.

Unfortunately, I had a morning class when she would come in so that was a no go, but I quickly concluded that I have to go find her during lunchtime.

Comparing our schedule, her courses and mine didn't match and we only had one class together which was English Literature. Although the bad side was that it was a three hour block class on Thursdays.

I took the class textbook as well as my tablet that I used for my note taking and stood up to leave the class.

"Where are you headed to so quickly?" Angelo asks putting an arm over my shoulders. I quickly push him away and walked faster.

"To the princess so don't bother me, go look for the others or something." I tell him when he put his arm back around me to annoy me.

He seemed to have been surprised by what I said and stopped immediately.

"Oh yeah, she's been the talk of the school today! Fiancé duties, I see. Alrighty, I won't bother. I don't want to interrupt the baby making of future royals."

As soon as the words left his mouth, my fist was already headed for his stomach but he quickly backed away laughingly and jogged backwards.

"Give my regards!" he even teases as he turned away completely.