the announcement

Olivia Grace Arcane

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, the back of my hand on my forehead as I replayed the things that prince Calian said last night

He was suspicious of me and that was entirely my fault. I let one thing slip out of my mouth and he was quick enough to have his own interpretations.

It's the first time, the first time I ever slipped and it was stupid of me to do so. Any mistakes can ruin everything.

It can ruin my revenge on my mother's death. It can ruin getting justice for my mama.

The door opened and I heard steps coming inside my room. It was the maids that always helped me get ready every morning although I could do so myself.

A young girl hovered over me to check if I was awake and when she saw my eyes wide open, she smiled.

"Good morning, princess, I hope you had a good night's sleep," she greeted and bowed.

I sat up and smiled to all of them in return as they stood up straight.

"Good morning Lynette, and to all of you," I greeted back and got off my bed to get ready for the day.

The morning routine then started. They prepared my bath and every morning they insisted that they help with my bath to which I always tell them that I was old enough to bathe myself, and when I got out of my bath, my clothes were already ready.

After dressing up, I sat in front of my vanity mirror to which Lynette came and started combing and styling it.

I was busy thinking about my classes today and what I had to do after when the door opened and revealed a rather stressed out looking Cara.

"Good morning, Cara, what's the matter so early in the morning?" I asked her with a smile.

She looked breathless as she held a tablet on one hand. She looked at the attendants around me and the attendants understood right away that they needed to leave.

The attendants bowed before they left and walked away while Cara walked towards me.

"Good morning, princess, I'm so sorry for barging in so early like this but you need to see the news," she said and I was alarmed right away.

She handed me the tablet and I read the article that was already opened.

'Royal marriage of Prince Calian de Lachlan of Altomare and Princess Olivia Arcane set in less than 8 months'

My eyes widened and continued to read the article.

This was official news. It was the palace's spokesperson that confirmed the news to the media and not just from our palace but Altomare has also confirmed the news.