why conner threw a party

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

For a whole two days, I could not stop thinking about what princess Olivia told me when I asked her what she would get from our marriage. And the annoying thing about that was that the more I thought about it, the more it annoyed me.

"Power, prince Calian, power."

It revealed a few things about her.

First, she isn't the perfect princess everyone thinks to be. She follows all the orders being given to her, her education and etiquette is perfect, but it's all for a reason. She has her own goal.

Second, she is quietly plotting something.

Third, she was using me. ME.

The third fact became much more apparent and evident as I thought about it.

I couldn't help but scoff because at first glance, you would never think that the angelic princess would have a side to her. But at the same time, it made me curious.

What is she trying to do?

"What's on our mind, baby?" Nancy questioned as she embraced me from the back and kissed my cheek.

I looked around and thankfully there weren't any other people at the football field except for my friends playing catch on the field and Angelo taking a nap a few meters away from where I was taking a rest.

Conscious, I took her arms off of me.

"Someone might see us." I quietly reprimanded and kept my eyes straight. Yet, I didn't fait to catch Nancy's surprised expression.

I guess it was because I never really cared before if people saw us or not. The campus has already seen the two of us repeatedly alone together so I'm sure that they may have an idea that we were involved.

"Oh, uhm... I see. Sorry." she said and backed away. There was sort of an awkward silence, it was as if she was still trying to recover from the shock. She was probably questioning what changed, was it the Nicolence scandal?

But she wouldn't know until she finds in the press that I was going to be a married man soon.

I was going to be married as a political solution, like we're still in the 18th century. And to a princess who only wants to marry me for power.

"You've been of the radar recently, is everything alright Cal?"

Absentmindedly, I nodded and answered, "Yeah, all's fine", which was a lie.

At that very moment, I did not know how, but although she was very far away, I was able to make out princess Olivia's figure.

She was walking with her lady-in-waiting, with her knight and Dominic Chandler.

"How about you and me Cal? Are we alright?" Nancy asked again.

My thoughts were disturbed for a moment and I finally looked at the girl by my side.

Nancy was beautiful, there was no doubt in that. She was someone that turned heads wherever she went. She was a nice girl and what I liked most about her was that she wasn't clingy.

But I didn't love her.

I always knew that whatever we had, it was temporary. It started out simply for fun, but now I see that the decision to keep her close was a bad one. The look in her eyes were different as she asked the question.

She looked hurt and in denial. She must already know my response.

"I'm afraid we'll have to stop seeing each other, Nancy. You're a lovely girl, you deserve better." I said quietly.