you can lean on me

Calian Dexter de Lachlan

(is it too obvious that I love Blair Waldorf and let's pretend they're wearing dark navy blue)

"Your highness, we have arrived," Dylan, my butler, announced. With that, I turned my phone off and looked at my reflection through the mirror. My tie was a bit crooked and I took the time to straighten it out.

There were already hundreds of people outside, waiting to catch a glimpse of royalty. There were reporters, television crews and civilians, some were even carrying posters with pictures of the princess and I.

Pictures that were obviously set up, but let's just be thankful that princess Olivia and I could decently do acting.

The door opened by my side and I took a deep breath before stepping out. I put on my diplomatic smile and stood straight before the people. There were claps and cheers from everywhere and the guards made sure that the barricades and distances were kept.

The photographers snapped away, reports starting reporting and people were waving and screaming what they had wanted to say. I even managed to read a poster that read 'Happily Ever After' and I could only chortle.

I raised my hand and waved towards the people before shortly bowing towards them, indicating that I was leaving. I, after all, was here to pick up the princess for our official visit to the orphanage.

A tradition of royalty and it would soon be our duty to do so every year. Besides, it was a good way to get in touch with and learn about the people. Although I have to admit, I am not the best with children.

"It's time to go, your highness," Dylan whispers, always on top of my schedule. Every minute mattered. I nodded towards him, smiled towards the people and waved to leave.

Along with the guards, assistants and my butler who were around me, I walked up the stairs and walked through the palace doors that were already open.

I was greeted by the palace maids and attendants as soon as I entered and they escorted me towards the Ivy room, the biggest receiving room in the palace.

There were already many guards waiting outside the door, but as soon as my arrival was announced, the door was opened.

I walked past the guards and when I entered the room, there was princess Olivia sitting at one of the couches.

With the first glance, I had immediately noted that her outfit matched with mine and that great consideration were taken to match both of our outfits.

As usual, she looked elegant and graceful. She was wearing a dark navy blue dress with golden buttons. It was formal and flattering for a royal obligation, but it was also casual enough for an orphanage visit. Her dress was paired with black pumps and I worried it might be uncomfortable once we run around with children, but it was low enough so it wouldn't be interfering.