039

Chapter Thirty-Nine:

"You bleed just to know, you're alive."

Numb. The only way Atlas could describe herself in that moment was numb. She hadn't talked for days. Not to her mother, not to any of her brothers and especially not to any of her friends. Instead Pansy had moved out of her single dorm to allow the young Lennon some space to grieve. She had been in the same robotic state since an auror had pried Apollo's dead body out of her hands and it didn't look like she was going to get out of the trance any time soon.

The death eaters had disappeared after they recovered from Atlas' scream and a group called the Order of the Phoenix had been searching for them ever since. Theo stayed with Atlas as she sobbed trying to get Apollo to open his eyes and he had never seen her in such a way. He held her as she struggled against his grip while they took away the body. He comforted her as she screamed in agony at the fact that she had lost her twin.

The school had shut for three days after the events unfolded, allowing all students to grieve for the loss of their classmate and friend. But Atlas and her brothers had been excused from lessons for as long as they needed. Gaia Lennon had even arrived on campus already sobbing from losing her youngest boy. Her wailing could be heard by everyone.

It was a Friday and everyone had been in class. It was also the day before the funeral. The ministry as well as Dumbledore had said it was more suitable for it to take place in the castle and none of the Lennon's had disagreed. Atlas was laying emotionless in bed as her mother sipped on the tea while at Pansy's desk. While Gaia had tried to comfort her daughter, she too as a mother had to grieve.

Theo had felt guilty after the events as did Draco. While both of their fathers helped orchestrate the events it was Draco's aunt who had murdered Apollo and the teen had felt slightly responsible, although there was nothing he could possibly do to stop it. However, the two approached the situation differently. While Theo visited Atlas every day and spoke to her as he normally would even though most of the time she ignored him, Draco avoided her completely.

It was around 4pm when Ren and Pansy strolled in. It had become a recurrence for the two to snuggle in with Atlas. And while she had never thanked them for it, or even spoke about anything at all she appreciated their presence. Ren ran her hand through Atlas' hair, humming the tune to one of her favourite songs. Gaia had left with Ares to get some fresh air while Ajax stayed cooped up in his room with Fred and George.

"Hey, why don't we go sit in the common room, yeah? I'll get the kids to clear out so we can be alone." Pansy mutters softly, stroking the side of Atlas' face.

Instead of responding Atlas blinked, an indicator that she didn't want to leave the room. The death had been hard on Pansy and Ren too, but it didn't hit as hard as losing a twin so the girls knew to be patient with her. It would be a while before she returned to her normal, upbeat self. That's if she ever did go back to normal. It was a very big possibility that she stayed in an emotionless, heartbroken zombie like state.

"It'd be a nice change." Ren agrees.

"I don't want to get up." Atlas mumbles for the first time in five days making Pansy and Ren's eyes light up.

"Not for long, babe. Maybe five or ten minutes?" Pansy suggests.

"Blaise and Lorenzo have missed you." Ren adds, hoping it will convince her.

"Ten minutes." Atlas agrees after heavy consideration, her few words making her two friends the happiest they had ever been the whole week.

Atlas didn't do much to get ready. Ren plaited her hair and she threw on some shoes. She was dressed in grey joggers and one of Apollo's t-shirts. Pansy had left to scare everyone away from the common room and to also find Blaise as she suspected Atlas was only coming down to see him. He had respectfully visited a couple of times but wanted to give her space. He knew what it was like to lose a loved one.