056

This chapter is dedicated to @Violet_ew for making the wonderful edits (that for some reason I can't upload onto here. However, I will find another way). As well as being one of my most dedicated readers.

Chapter Fifty-Six:

"The concept of love I could never fully grasp, until you darling."

Tense. That's how Atlas would describe it. Her head was spinning more than she wanted. The wand tightened within her grasp. It was as she expected. Everything was moving slowly but all too fast. Fear rises through her body as her mind travels through to another place begging to find solace and safety elsewhere.

Whispers travelled through the air. Atlas could barely focus on one of them to try and get an idea of what they were saying. All muddled, a warning it seemed like. Shivers shook the young girl's body, but it was already too late. The plan was in action and there was nothing that could now turn back the clock.

She stood tall against the door waiting for an opportunity to slip through. He was standing on the other side. It was obvious that she had to do. But she questioned the strength she had to do it. No one except Harry had ever survived his wrath. Atlas didn't believe she would be the second. The commotion of her friends occupying their parents echoed through the hall and it wouldn't be long until they got free. So, this was her moment. But before she could even make her move the door swung open.

"I've been waiting for you for a long time, my dear." The sinister voice called out.

Her legs moved against her will and it wasn't long before she stood in front of what she would call the devil. He looked down at her, the menacing grin bringing shivers upon the young girl. Ones she tried to contain, not wanting to show any bit of fear. Neither of them moved, anticipating all sudden movements. They watched each other like they were prey. And from an outsider's perspective, it was obvious who had the upper hand.

"I can hear your heart beating, pitter patter. Are you scared?" He cackles. His wand on her neck, burning the skin as he drags it towards her face.

"Only a fool would be scared of you." She spits out, stepping away so the wand is no longer on her skin.

"And a fool you are. Are you here to give yourself up?" He smiles in a sinister way.

"Quite the opposite actually." She responds as his laughter booms throughout the room.

"What are you going to do, defeat me? You don't stand a chance." His ego boosting every second they continue to talk.

"I don't stand a chance?" She giggles. "Yet you're always begging for me to join your side. Cause I'm an asset. You can't deny that."

His smile falters slightly. He's caught off guard by her arrogance. Yet she is her father's daughter in one way or another. And if he's taught her anything, it's to always be the most narcissistic in the room. Atlas knew that there was no better moment than this. Even he knew that she was powerful. It's why he wanted her. Yet he didn't know that the young girl already knew how to maximise her strength. Something he had thought she was not in control of yet.

"Expelliarmus!" She yells pointing at the wand.

It didn't take long before the two were in a full-blown duel. Spells bouncing off furniture, things getting blown up. There wasn't anything that would survive this. The destruction was awful, but it was obvious that neither were fighting like they usually do. Atlas moved fast yet he moved faster and was already throwing multiple spells at her. Atlas ducks, missing them and then attacks back with her own. The two go at each other but Atlas soon realises that he's pulling his spells. None of the ones he was using would even hurt her and this had left her confused.