046

Chapter Forty-Six:

"You are worth more than life itself."

"Christmas at the Malfoy's?" Atlas questions.

The girls had gathered in Pansy's dorm on Saturday to discuss the upcoming Christmas holidays. While they had tried to avoid the conversation of the upcoming ball, it was inevitable that one of them would most likely bring it up accidentally. And this time it was thanks to Lorenzo who had snuck in and refused to leave even though Pansy insisted it was girl's only night.

"Yeah it doesn't seem too bad." Lorenzo jokes.

"Going to the house of a guy who actively tried to offer me up to Voldemort and is related to the crazy bitch who murdered my brother. Yeah you're right, it doesn't seem too bad." Atlas retorts sarcastically.

"Never mind."

"It's a masquerade party. Keep your mask on and no one will know it's you." Ren explains.

"What's so great about this party?" Atlas asks.

"It's quite fun pretending to be pureblood." Kiera laughs.

"I am pureblood." Pansy and Atlas deadpan at the same time.

"It's a real wonder how you got into Hufflepuff. Maybe the hat got you wrong." Kiera mentions.

"It took like seven whole minutes to come to a conclusion, the hat must be right." Atlas informs them.

"That's only ever happened a couple times. They send all the rejects to Hufflepuff." Lorenzo jokes.

"Say something like that again and you'll never see the light of day Sinclair." Atlas warns, chucking a pillow straight at his head.

"See, Slytherin material." Lorenzo says, rubbing the sore spot on his head.

"The world wouldn't be able to handle us as a duo." Pansy giggles, wrapping her arm around Atlas' shoulder.

It hadn't been a full day since the ritual took place but Atlas was feeling much better. She realised it wouldn't have been a good decision to bring back Apollo. Also finding out that he's okay and has found peace lifted a weight off her shoulders. She felt more at ease knowing that he was fine, she was less uptight about everything and slowly but surely she was returning back to her old self.

Ren had invited Atlas to stay at hers during the Christmas break. She had talked to her mother who had then in turn talked to Gaia Lennon and the two had decided it would be safer for Atlas away from her father. However, it worried the young girl that her mother would be at the house but Gaia insisted that having all her brothers around would mean that she would be safe.

"I have a dress for you." Ren announces. "And we wouldn't stay in the actual ballroom for two long. We could sneak off to Draco's room and get pissed drunk and have our own party."

"That does sound appealing." Atlas agrees.

"Yay." Ren squeals. "Now all we got to do is draw names for Secret Santa."

"You guys do this every year?" Atlas asks.

"Mhm, the person who buys the best gift wins." Kiera explains.

"What's the prize?"

"Pride." Lorenzo cheekily answers causing Atlas to roll her eyes.

"It's my favourite part of Christmas." Ren sighs.

"Giving gifts?" Lorenzo asks.

"No, receiving them silly." She chuckles.

Atlas thought about gifts and most of the group were easy to shop for. Theo had been wanting a new broom for quidditch, Ren wanted new shoes. Kiera had been going on about books that she wanted to read and Pansy has been hinting at wanting a pet lizard. Atlas would get rings for Blaise and a rubber duck for Lorenzo. Although it was quite weird that he had been asking for one. The only two people she couldn't buy for were Draco and Eli and she was praying to Merlin she would pick their names out.