~6~ Fragmented Reunion

➢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘➢

➢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘➢

『 But baby, the truth is
I make your excuses
You let me down
And I'm used to it 』
―𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦 𝘗𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘖𝘧 𝘠𝘰𝘶

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6: 𝑭𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑹𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏⟵

❝...𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢.❞

-𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟹𝟷𝚂𝚃, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾-

𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙽𝙶𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙾𝚄𝙽𝙳

𝚄𝙿𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

Back on Earth, a previously absconded Quinjet arrives at the Upstate New York, Avengers HQ. Inside the Compound, Colonel James Rhodes deals with a holographic taping projecting the Secretary of State, General Thaddeus Ross.

"Still no word from Vision?"

War Machine answers him honestly, "Satellites lost him . . . somewhere over Edinburgh."

"On a stolen Quinjet," Ross has seen the reports, and he doesn't hold back, "with four of the most wanted criminals."

Rhodey contests, reminding him, "You know, they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that. Right, sir?"

Getting up from the transparent table, the General is unmovable in his stance, "My God, Rhodes. Your talent for horse-shit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords," Rhodes clarifies, "Vision would've been right here."

Secretary Ross remarks back, "I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

Rhodey looks down for a moment, bitter as he confirms with a nod of the head, "That's right."

And then his gaze rotates down toward the leg braces that enable his paralyzed body to walk. His spinal cord had been injured. That was one of many different results of a catastrophic civil war . . . taking part in one. 

But they were not in that stage anymore, not pinned against one another. 

The Avengers need each other. Because much bigger things are on the way, bigger than them.