~27~ When Time Messes Back

➢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗟𝗜𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦➢

『 And I don't care if I sing off-key
I find myself in my melodies
I sing for love, I sing for me
I shout it out like a bird set free
―𝘚𝘪𝘢, 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘦

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 27: 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌⟵

" Now is my time." 

-𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑-

𝐄 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇

The Earth... is in pieces. Shambles as an ambush from above detrimentally wipes out upper layers and now leaves behind the core floor of what hides beneath the surface.

The area in which the Avengers Compound used to stand, now is dirt, rubble, flaming structures, and cataclysm as those fallen victims of the incident are scattered across the broken disheveled mess. Alive, but surely―nearly―not. Almost dead.

A green-hulked-out Bruce barrels the weight of a large structure atop his one good arm, the other now crippled from being the one to snap his fingers, and he holds it up under Rhodey and Rocket who are trapped in the lower level of the facility. Where it is flooding. They are drowning.

Scott, who has shrunken himself in order to survive the blast, makes his way to where they are, as fast as his minimized self can.

And down below in the sewer system, is a mohawked Clint Barton, lying face down on discarded pieces of the Avengers building.

Many grunts escape the lips of the marksmen as a hand goes out to try and pull his aching body up―certainly not aching as much as it should be after a fall like this, and the reasoning for that―logically―is answered when the one who protected him approaches him from behind.

"Uncle Clint! U-Uncle Clint!" Hands immediately attend to the back of the man, and eighteen-year-old―almost nineteen-year-old ―Dani Rockland musters up the strength easily to lend it to Clint, and she helps him stand up.

Hawkeye groans some more before nearly tripping but Dani firmly grasps his shoulders, maneuvering around the bow on his back and carefully situating him so he is leaning against the wall. Across from her.

The long bob-haired brunette breaths just as heavily while they both regain mobility and general sensibility, her hands still outstretched to her uncle as she asks, "You okay?"