~29~ The Return

➢𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗦➢

➢𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗦➢

『 There's a song we sing
Elemental sound
Where it all begins
It can draw you in, drag it out 』
―𝘈𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘨, 𝘛𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 29: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏⟵

" on your left."

-𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑-

𝐄 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇

Steve Rogers has never run faster in his life.

Leg bleeding, chest filled with so much pain due to the bruises and other wounds that mark themselves underneath, all that is irrelevant. Nonsequential.

His face which is covered in black dirt and dust kicked up through the previous fight does not take away from the abstract terror and franticness he expresses. That he feels.

That he has felt constantly ever since his daughter went up against the Mad Titan.

Her strength, for the most part, is unmatched, unlike any other opponent thus far―even including the God of Space, and for that presumably, nothing was to be worried about. She was strong, she was fast, and she was now the Blue Phoenix.

But where a fight went down, fierce and tough actions emitted from the once sheltered and orphaned small-shaking child―one who proudly showcased herself as an unstoppable young woman, has indeed been stopped. 

Not by Thanos, by her own, humane limits.

It was the human-essence inside her, the deal made with the devil ever since birth, the deal her psychotic parents made that cursed the child with having to live and sustain an unearthly amount of energy. To always be aware of being the Success, yes, but at the same time a complete weapon of destruction. Self-destruction, self-infliction.

And right here and now, previously against the demigod responsible for decimating half the universe, a past version of himself, as the other one was dead... Danielle Mairead Rockland finds herself in just about the same position. Dead.

She is dying.

She is dead.