Chapter 26

"Drive safely on your way home, Aunt Kimberly!" I beamed as she walked out of the office with a smile while she waved at me.

Saglit akong nagpa-iwan sa office para ayusin 'yong lamesa ko. I had no other plans today, kaya I took my time. Pati 'yong mga records ng clients, inayos ko rin kasi medyo magulo na rin.

"Come in," I called out when someone knocked on the door. Bumungad ang naka-ngiting Samuel.

"Hey," he greeted, taking a seat on the chair in front of my table.

"What brings you here?" I asked, averting my gaze to the records and files I was arranging earlier.

"Nothing.." he trailed, kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya, an eyebrow raised.

"Looks like you've got plenty of time on your plate, Dr. Davis." I teased.

Napa-tawa siya. "Nah, not usually."

I chuckled. "Why are you here, then? Need anything?" I asked again. Madalas niya na kasi akong pinupuntahan dito, baka kung ano nang iniisip ng iba.

"Was just wondering if I could buy you dinner," he said, pursing his lips.

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. "In case you're not aware," I paused, reaching for the medium-sized frame sitting prettily on the corner of my table with a picture of Ethan and I, "I have a boyfriend."

Tinaasan niya rin ako ng kilay.

"Did you seriously think I was trying to ask you out on a date?" He asked, tilting his head a little with amusement in his eyes.

"Weren't you?" I asked, looking away in embarrassment as I looked back on the pile of documents on my table.

Napa-tawa siya. "Well, honestly, I would've—if I haven't been through your instagram–" I cut him off.

"You stalked me?" I asked in disbelief.

He smirked. "Maybe?" Sarkastikong sagot niya. Napa-irap na lang ako.

"So, what'd you get from stalking me?" I asked him, putting an emphasis on the word 'stalking.'

He chuckled and shrugged. "The fact that you lived in New York then, used to be a model, a singer in bars, and someone who fell in love with her best friend who's now her boyfriend—I mean, who does that?" he said, scrunching up his nose.

"Inggit ka lang," I muttered.

"What?" He asked. I shook my head and smiled. "Nothing. Is it your treat?" I jokingly asked, pertaining to the dinner.

"Yeah, I guess." He replied with a shrug. Natawa na lang ako't napa-iling. "Just kidding. I'll pay mine," I said. He was about to say something when I stood up to put back the folders in their places at inaya na siyang umalis afterwards.

Nag-convoy lang kami, since we both had cars kasi Tita let me borrow hers since they only often used Tito's. Muntik pa akong mawala kasi ang bilis niyang magpatakbo ng kotse.

"A 6pm reservation under the name Samuel Davis," he told the waiter who welcomed us as soon as we got there.

We were in a fancy restaurant. Similar siya sa pinagkainan namin nila Tito last week, mas sosyal nga lang tignan 'to.

"You seriously booked a reservation?" Pabulong kong tanong sa kaniya.

He just shrugged and put his hand on the small of my back as the waiter guided us to our table.

Nang inabot na saamin ang menu, para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig.

"A-are you sure–" he cut me off.