Chapter 14

I took a glance on my wall clock.

Sigh.

It's already three in the morning, but I still can't bring myself to sleep.

What happened earlier kept repeating itself in my mind, no matter how hard I tried to avoid thinking about it.

"Mamahalin mo ba ulit ako? Kasi ako Lex, mahal pa rin kita.. at hinding-hindi nag-bago yun."

My whole being refuses to believe it.

Shocked and having nothing to say, I stayed silent. I averted my gaze to my hands that were unconsciously shaking since he asked me the question I still am wishing I just heard—still feeling his eyes on me.

Ang tagal namang bumalik ni tita..

"Lex?" He called me, after a few seconds of silence. I lifted my head to look at him and scan his face.

Hindi kaya lasing parin 'to? Mapupungay parin yung mga mata niya, eh. Tapos medyo namumula parin naman yung cheeks niya.

Sana nga lasing parin siya.

"Blare, anak!" Tita finally walked in. "Jusko, pasensya ka na kung natagalan ako, ha. You can go home na, maraming salamat talaga sa pag-bantay dito kay Vincent." She sincerely said as she walked close to me.

I then stood up—wanting to leave already, and smiled at Tita Jenny. "Walang problema po, Tita. Sige po, I'll go ahead na. Kuya's waiting for me na po sa labas." I said, and hurriedly but politely walked outside.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, a breath I didn't notice I was holding, released itself.

"You okay?" I heard Kuya's voice asked me. My eyes landed itself on his, as I walked to him and hugged him, choosing not to answer.

Because honestly?

I don't know what to feel.

"Count sheeps, Alexis Blare." I quietly commanded myself after the nth time of thinking about it—as I think of silly ways on how to help myself drift off to sleep, until I finally managed to do so.

"Maybe everything just has a time and place," A familiar voice sung as I slowly fluttered my eyes open.

"And that's why you and I are out of season.." She continued singing.

Bakit tugmang-tugma yung kantang kinakanta niya sa pinagdadaanan ko ngayon?

Though my eyes still felt a little heavy, and my body felt kinda sore because of the lack of sleep, I turned to my right to face her.

"Himala, late ka nagising today." She said as she approaches me. "Good morning!" She chirped with a smile.

I forcefully smiled back at Gabby. "Good morning," I muttered.

"Okay ka lang?" She asked. I was about to respond when she raised her palm, "Mali pala. Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked again, making my forehead crease.

Halata ba talagang may nagbo-bother saakin? Do I look that bad?

"Besides the fact na naalala kong naiwan ko pala yung mga gamit ko sa kotse ng baby mo, Kuya Breeze also called me and told me na he's worried because you looked so down last night and didn't wake up early today, like you usually do everyday, and that maybe kailangan mo ng kausap." She explained.

I then felt the urge to hug her as she extended her arms and pulled me into a tight one.

"Kung ayaw mo munang pag-usapan, okay lang.." She consoled, hugging me while gently patting my back. I couldn't help but hug her back. It was comforting.