Chapter 2

Today is the day.

The day in which I'll be seeing Dane again..

In which I'll be meeting Kirsten too.

I hope this day won't let you end up crying yourself to sleep tonight.

Wow subconscious. Wow, ha.

"Woah there.. lookin' pretty, lil sis. Where to?" Kuya asked. I shrugged, poured a glass of water and had a little sip.

"Mall lang, with friends." I simply replied. He nodded and looked like he was thinking of something.

"It's d-day right, lil sis?" Ate asked and I just made a face.

"Kuya, can you drop me sa mall? Well.. If you're not busy. Pero if busy ka, I can ask Manong naman." Kuya looked at me and shook his head.

"Nah, ain't busy. I was just thinking of that 'cause I was planning to check on some kicks so, yeah, good thing you asked. Be right back," He said and stood up, leaving me and Ate in the kitchen.

After drinking water, I walked to our hallway's body mirror and scanned myself for the nth time today.

I decided on wearing something.. I rarely wore before. A dress.

I'm the type of girl kase na, sweaters and shorts, hoodies and leggings, or a tucked in large shirt with high-waisted jeans, are enough na.

But I guess NYC made me love myself more..

And I'm thankful for that.

"Don't be nervous. Chill, lil sis! Ganda tayo!" Ate stopped on her tracks, and cheered as she saw me sigh while retouching my liptint.

"I'm not nervous naman.." I trailed off while Ate was eyeing me on the mirror, "Well I sort of am, but I'll get through it." I admit.

"Is Dane gonna pick you up? Like, all of you?" Ate asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. We'll just meet there." I responded. Before she continued walking to our backyard, she gave me some of her words of encouragement, and wished me luck.

"Lil sis! Lez go!" Kuya said, putting an arm over my shoulders as we walk to the main door.

•••

"It's fine if you'll leave me here if you have other plans too, Kuya. I can ask Manong to pick me up naman," I said as Kuya parked his car.

"We can go home at the same time, just text or call me. I'l be roaming in there for a while. You know, killin' time," He said, shrugging.

We got out of the car, Kuya locked it, and walked to the mall's entrance with me following behind.

"Take care, okay? Enjoy, eat well, and don't leave the mall." Kuya reminded before giving me a peck on my forehead.

"Enjoy yourself too," I said, as we parted ways na.

"Was that Kuya Breeze? Ang pogi niya talaga!" A voice chirped behind me, kaya agad akong napatingin.

"Gabby!" I exclaimed, as we kissed each other's cheeks and hugged.

"Grabe, you look so fresh! Sana all," She complimented. I shooked my head and laughed.

"Blooming ka rin naman ah," I said. She made a face lang as we walked to starbucks since doon yung meeting place.

"I missed this, you know. Bondings nating tatlo. Minsan kasama pa natin si Lester. Ngayon naman, makakasama natin si Kirsten!" She exclaimed, excited for what's coming next.

After a few minutes of chatting with Gabriela about random things and taking some selfies here and there, dumating na rin si Dane, with a very pretty, glowing—but a bit fierce—girl, who I assume, is Kirsten.