Epilogue

Ten Years Later

I picked up the phone after a couple of rings. When I put it to my ear, I got greeted by Rachel's voice that came out too loud out of the device. Seeing back the screen, I noticed that it was a video call that she had been aiming to do.

"Mommy, is dad with you?" Rachel asked.

Dick, who had been taking off his tie since he just got back from work, turned his head towards me.

"Is everything alright?" Dick asked as he walked over towards me and looked at the phone.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I got the plane ticket and I should be home before Christmas eve," Rachel informed.

"Oh, that's great," I said. "I can't see you spending the holiday in that sad dorm room again."

"Well, I had some fun," Rachel reminded.

"Too much fun," Dick added. "You sent us a drunk message about mating dolphins."

"It was funny!" Rachel laughed. "The video was funny and educational."

"I agree," I said.

"Well, at least, you won't be able to send us drunk texts here," Dick said.

Meaning she wouldn't be drinking too much since only one person could get her to the drunk state.

"Wait, uncle Todd is going somewhere?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah. He said he's going to see his amazonian girlfriend for the holiday," Dick answered.

"What a bummer," Rachel said. "I was about to introduce him to my girlfriend."

"You're girlfriend's coming with you?" I excitedly asked.

"Y-yeah," Rachel hummed.

"Oh, my God!" I scattered. "I am so excited! I will make umm ali and baklava."

"Hadeel has nuts allergy," Rachel shook her head.

"Oh, that's... unfortunate," I sighed. "Don't worry. I'll come up with something. What does she like?"

"Why?" Rachel asked.

"I got to prepare something, right? Is she a Gryffindor or a Slytherin?" I piled.

"A Hufflepuff," Rachel answered.

"Oh, even better," I smiled.

"Mommy, you're acting like the girlfriend," Rachel protested. "You're the mother. Besides, she likes you already. Everybody likes you."

"That's true," Dick added. "You know what, I'll talk to Jason about this and see if he can bring his amazonian girlfriend here instead. I'm about to meet him, actually. In fact, I'm late for the boys night out with my son and my brothers."

"Awesome," Rachel commented. "Wait, did you say your son and your brothers?"

"You heard it right the first time," Dick snapped his fingers into a gun before walking off.

"Mommy, are you sure Raleigh is supposed to hang out with four middle age crisis-ed men? Also they're not actually middle aged," Rachel joked.

Raleigh and Rachel got along so well that it surprised me. Ever since Rachel got her driver's license, she insisted on being the one to drive the boy every where he wanted. Then, she had to go to college.

Rachel got into California State University to study marine biology. She still had that burning passion about sea creatures inside of her and I couldn't be more supportive. Before she went to highschool, we moved to Hawaii and even from then on, she already learned so much about the ocean through the locals.

Well, she basically became a cool gay pirate, as she liked to call it, by the time she graduated highschool.

Oh, about that... Rachel never actually came out to us. It just sort of happened. She asked Dick if she could borrow one of Bruce's car because she would be the one picking up her prom date. I didn't know that her date would be a girl until she sent me a photo of her and her date.

I was so happy for her and proud. Rachel was the one who got surprised, actually, that I wasn't surprised about her taking a girl to prom. She was gorgeous, she could take anyone she wanted.

"Well, it's not everyday that your uncles are all here," I shrugged. "They're at the beach now."

"If only I'll be there tomorrow," Rachel said.

"They'll be staying for Christmas," I reminded.

"Except for uncle Todd and his goddamn amazing--I mean, amazonian girlfriend," Rachel added. "Who is surprisingly amazing at FIFA."

"Oh, I thought you won that one," Dick said from across the room.

"Nope. I lost. I won against Donna, though," Rachel clarified.

Yes, those happened.

I would not explain further.

"Well, I guess... please, tell them I say hi, dad. I miss them," Rachel stated.

"Will do," Dick chanted.

"You tell us the detail of your flight, alright? We'll pick you up," I said to Rachel.

"Okay," Rachel said. "I'll call you again soon."

Dick returned to my side and waved at his daughter.

"Love you," Dick said.

"Love you," I piled.

"Love you, too," Rachel said before she hung up.

Dick rounded his arms around me and pulled me in. He kissed me on the lips.

"Love you," Dick said.

"Love you, too," I replied. "Don't drown."

"I will not promise that," Dick chuckled before he kissed my forehead. "Anything you need before I go?"

"No," I shook my head. "I'll text you if I need anything."

"Alright," Dick said before kissing my forehead again. "Pizza is on the way. Will there be any pineapple on it? You'll have to wait and find out! My name is Dick Grayson and you're watching--"

"Stop," I laughed.

I should have not told Dick that I liked the pizza either way.

***

The writer's apology for the underwhelming ending. A million thank you for the readers to reach this far. You are awesome, remember that.

For more Batboys content, feel free to check the writer's profile and the writer's tumblr account for contents that are not posted in wattpad (link in the profile).