16. Good Luck with That

Warning: Attempted assault. Also, the writer has not been academically educated in ASL at all. All sources came from google, YouTube, and the writer's understanding of the sources. If there are any mistake, please, feel free to educate the writer. Thank you so much. Have a nice day (or night).

***

A couple of months after our first date, it got too hard to hide anything to the public and it got very uncomfortable and we decided to go public about our relationship. Months went by after that when I finally felt comfortable with not so many people were breathing on my neck. Thanks the nature of human being, most of them got bored anyway after a while.

Good side of the story would be that I got to spend a lot of time being with an amazing man such as Dick Grayson. Rachel was not cool with that and often stole me from him, but, that wasn't new. I quite enjoyed being with the kid.

On the down side, I slowly became a 'mother'. Not that I minded much, but, I had to change my shifts a lot and Marrie was kind enough to let me. Also, sometimes, Dick could be a big baby himself, which sometimes did turn adorable until he got high on pain medications.

My sister had been doing very great. We even heard that there might be a chance for her husband to be released. Brooklyn hadn't been so hopeful of that, but, she fought alongside it.

Mrs. Lin passed away only two weeks after Mrs. Johnson's funeral. We weren't having too much of a good time.

Then, we had a lot of new people signed in. One of them were said to have severe dimentia and insisted him to be guarded 24/7 by family trusted body guards. Family also insisted that he would only be assigned one caregiver and one only. However, they ended up getting two because of the shifts and all. Other than his own personal caregiver.

We got used to it eventually.

Today would be one of those days where I had to work the night shift. My day usually started with picking up Rachel from school and babysat her until Dick arrived. Most time they'd drive me to work, but, sometimes Dick had very upsetting days and I had to insist that he shouldn't drive me.

For today, I dropped Rachel off by the manor because she would be having a movie night with her uncles. So, it was Dick only to drive me to work.

"Who... is that?" Dick asked upon pulling over by the entrance to see an old man sitting with two guards standing beside him by the porch.

"Oh, he's the one I told you about. Mr. Bianchi," I answered.

Dick had that look when he had his brain going in supersonic speed.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Have you ever talk to him?" Dick asked back.

"We're not allowed to talk to him and they said he doesn't speak English much," I shrugged once.

By this time, Dick already stopped the car. However, he had more interest on Mr. Bianchi than kissing me goodbye.

"Alright, then, see you later," I said as I opened the door.

"Wait," Dick said as he pulled me back to the seat and smiled. "I don't get my kiss, what the heck?"

"I thought you didn't want it," I reasoned.

With that, I kissed Dick briefly. Then, released myself away.

"Goodnight, Richie," I said.

"Have a good night, Rome," Dick replied. "Be careful. Love you."