22. Way More Than Good

I had the most generic wedding vow of all time and I knew right away, as soon as I finished, Dick would give something better than what I just vowed.

Dick had never look so attractive, so neat, so... happy even before. When I had myself walked down that aisle by my sister and saw him for the first time in his best suit, I cried. I might not realize it then, but, he might have cried, too.

My voice were all shaky when I stated my vow. At least I had my legs covered by the dress to hide how shaky they were. Dick, on the other hand, looked very sturdy. I knew he wouldn't have that shaky voice I had.

When the officiant handed Dick his vow, he almost didn't look at it for I found his eyes pointed at me most of the time.

"My imperfection, you let them mean nothing. I would've done the same for yours if you had any," Dick started, already melting my heart. "My limitation, we laugh about them. Especially if it's one of those moments when I feel so small while being over five feet ten. So ironic. Bet that what got you sold on me, huh?"

I chuckled with the rest of the guests.

"I believe I won't ever find such love again other than from you. Romania, my love... I'm a mess. Always had been. It actually got worse when I started getting to know you because there's nothing else that I could think about other than you. Not sure if it made it better knowing that you would even let me get to know you more. In a good way. Then, we got together and I keep being such a mess, shamefully. Doesn't mean it has to end because I am more and more in love with you as the time goes by. I deem it a certainty that you won't find such love again," Dick continued.

My cheeks started to hurt now because I smiled the whole time Dick showed up in my vision. My heartbeat even got ignored.

"Four years ago, Bruce told me that Rachel might be the one finding me a suitor and I laughed at that for two minutes straight. Now, here I am. With a suitor. That Rachel picked to be her mother before I picked her to be my lady. With that, Bruce, you're allowed to laugh at me now," Dick joked.

Again, the audience laughed.

"I know, looking at where we've been through time, which is not that much and I had at least a dozen people yelling at me that we took things too fast, I'll still always value your life over mine. Sure, we dated for less than a year and only had another year of our engagement. I don't really care. And if it seems to be that I'm doing this for Rachel, well, I am and I am not. I do this for myself, too, and I am the luckiest man alive to be able to just feel your love. I'm glad that Rachel wants you and I'm so very much okay with how much I want you. You're way more than good. To be anything. For being anything," Dick stated.

Dick took a moment to take over the tissue I had in my hand. He carefully wiped the escaping tears away from my face.

"So, here now that you'll finally be wife, even though I told my friends that you already are my wife," Dick paused to cackle a little, "I swear that I will always love you like how you always love Rachel, to be there with the two of you just like how you are there for the two of us, any time and any where and however bad or good the situation is."

After ending his speech, Dick took my hands right away, not caring if the officiant told him to do it already or not. Then, I started feeling by heartbeat banging in my chest again.

"Will you, Richard John Grayson, take this woman to be your wife?" the officiant asked.

"I absolutely will," Dick answered.

"And will you, Romania Jean Holmes, take this man to be your husband?"

"I definitely will," I answered.