chapter v

Nothing could possibly go wrong, as the boss concluded. Her maids and employees noted that she was in a pleasant mood. They exchanged glances, wondering what had changed their boss's icy and rigid demeanor.

She hummed as she browsed through her papers that were taped to the board, "Ah," she said as she pointed to one and grabbed it. She sat elegantly now, a tiny grin on her lips.

Ganyu, her secretary, sensed something was off so she carefully stared at her before speaking, "Miss Ningguang, I have the paperwork that you are searching for," she laid the papers on her table. In the back of her mind, she is still wary of her boss, but seeing her in a good mood relieves the tension.

"Good morning Miss Ganyu." she greeted with a smile plastered on her lips.

"Oh, good morning, Miss Ningguang," she said, puzzled. It was the first time Ningguang had addressed her in all her years of working with her, "Did anything happen last night?" she said, reading her boss. She feels that something must have happened based on how she is acting today. It's difficult for Ningguang to shift her mood so quickly unless something pleasant happened the night before.

Ningguang grew hot simply thinking about the scenario. "Nothing," she said, but worried when she ran out of reasons, "I woke up on the other side of the bed," but Ganyu's expression became more skeptical.

At that exact moment, dirty thoughts raced through her mind, rendering her unable to concentrate on her duties. Luckily, Ganyu is nearby to assist her, so she had to repeat herself three times to remind Ningguang of what she needed to do, but it was impossible because everything reminded her of Beidou's lips and touch.

"Oh my!" exclaimed her secretary, "Miss Ningguang, you have a massive mosquito bite on your neck."

The Tianquan exclaimed, knowing it wasn't a mosquito bite but a hickey from Beidou, "What? Where?" she said, pretending to be surprised.

Ganyu gave her a mirror, and to Ningguang's astonishment, it was very visible. "Holy—" she swore under her breath, "Quick, find anything that will conceal it." She had a meeting with Beidou today, and she knew that if she saw it, she would be teased a hundred times.

Ningguang wonders if Beidou recalls anything, although she was most likely blurred out that night. She believed it was unfair for Beidou because she had no idea 'that' had happened.

Oh, Ningguang.. You know you can do it some other time again..

Beidou, on the other hand, awoke with a searing pain in her head, "Gah!" she groaned, "What the hell happened...?" she wondered, perplexed.

Unfortunately, Beidou was unable to remember anything from the previous night. Even if her tolerance for alcohol is strong, she is still unable to manage her thoughts, as if it has been fully wiped, and she will only be able to recall anything if Ningguang reminds her of it.

One of her crewmen visited the cabin, "Aye, Captain, feeling good?" she asks as she places a cup of tea on the table.

She sat up straight, still reeling from a pain hangover, "No, what happened last night?" she asked, her brow wrinkled, unable to recollect anything.

"Lady Ningguang escorted you here." she said, "Sea Drake also said that he saw you passed out on her chest." she explained.

"Really?" Beidou exclaimed gleefully, "Damn, I was in Ningguang's arms for a second," but she had no idea that more lusty things had occurred.

She stretched out her limbs, cracking some bones, "Tell Xiangling to make some breakfast," she eventually stood up, "We will bring some of my lady's jewels," she laughed, knowing she would see the love of her life later.