chapter xxii

From bitter exes to engaged lovers. Who could have thought love can be so true it's so beautiful and splendid. From that day, it felt magical and surreal looking as though nothing bad could ever happen again. The gods must have also responded (maybe coincidentally) because the wind sounded like a tone, the garden's flowers and grass are gorgeus and lovely, the water was clear and clean, the fire was bright and hotter. Their story is indeed the rainbow after a storm.

It has been over a week since the proposal, bystanders muttering happily about them and Beidou wasn't sure but she caught a glimpse at one of the papers' headlines that told about the proposal at Yuehai Pavilion. Looking like they have been celebrities. Tianquan finally falls for the infamous Captain... They cringed at the headlines but still laughed.

For some reasons, Ningguang rarely asks Beidou to deliver her jewelries as people have also been questioning if the Liyue Qixing is working with The Crux. Of course, this is one hell of a headline also but nevertheless, they denied the people and told that they are the boss for themselves.

Beidou also frequently visits her fiancée, delivering her flowers, foods and whatever she likes. Ningguang found this way too sweet she need to repay them. One time, she went to a blacksmith so ask him to forge a claymore which didn't go well since the blacksmith has accidentally made a spear instead of the one she asked. She decided to come again for another time.

Ningguang was told that the captain went elsewhere dangerous which didn't bother her that much since she's used to it and Beidou is so far the strongest woman she ever met. Her adventures had made her even tougher and she also told her that she had been training all day so that she will defeat Haishan.

The monster she had been challenging, failed about a few times but it's just that she never gives up.

She was also reminded by the fact that Beidou's birthday already went by just two weeks ago when they were still not in good terms. After all, she owes her a hundred apologies and so that is why she came up with this idea to gift her precious claymores.

Ningguang left her office with Ganyu accompanying her to ask the blacksmith again since it didn't go well last time, "I hope we are just his customers." Ganyu prayed, clasping her hands.

One thing the tianquan isn't good at, starting conversations, "Miss Ningguang, how are you and Captain Beidou?" she liked asking about them, maybe so that she could get advice.

She automatically smiled at the question, "Good as always," she glanced at the ring, "I had been waiting for years." she chuckled, a different personality of her.

Ganyu now enjoyed talking to her often. Last time, it's like talking to a rock since she is that cold boss and only treats her secretary profesionnaly. But now, they seemed close and began being friends.

Master Zhang noticed them as he hardly hammers down a northlander sword billet, "Miss Ningguang." he adressed, flashing a thin smile, "Oh yeah, stay right there."

They waited awkwardly as he recovers something from one of his chests, he didn't struggle as he lets out a heavy claymore. Ningguang had told him to get a Serpent's Spine since he blew off by making a wrong order last time.

But that wasn't all, he also pulled a Blackcliff Slasher among the other chests and plopped the claymores at one of the tables, making it shook a little due to their weight. Ganyu's jaw almost dropped at the sight of these and almost asked her boss why on earth would she use a claymore.

The tianquan examined them even though she know nothing of them at all, "Precisely," there was a satisfied smile on her face as soon as she learned that they are claymores, "I appreciate your efforts on obtaining them somehow." she gave him a bag of mora, worth hundreds of thousands if I may say.