chapter xxxvii

The two had fallen asleep at each other's arms still undressed. Their clothes had scattered through the floor, obviously looking like someone had literally did the thing. Ningguang snuggling at Beidou's arm which enveloped her a hug. Each snoring quietly as they felt warmth in both of them. It was peaceful and calming sleeping with the person you truly love. Feeling protected from anything that could possibly harm their feelings. The moon's light shone across the pale colored room as the breeze slowly drifts from the windows. The glaze lillies also perfumed the whole room which smelled lust.

About a minute or so, Beidou's face twitched, her brows now furrowing as she slept. She groaned quietly but still remained in her position. Meanwhile, Ningguang sleeps heavily. The captain's face twitched in pain again but nothing seems to be hurting her from the outside. After all, at the back of her mind, she is seeing something that left a huge scar at her heart and life. A nightmare that happened in the past suddenly hit her thoughts as she slept peacefully, reminding her of something she wanted to forget forever. She whimpered at her sleep as that thought still lingers through her mind.

Their break up years ago...

Ningguang gazes over the sea, her arms resting against the wooden railing. She felt the sea mist spraying on her skin, hinting a taste of salt. The weather was gloomy and the clouds looked as though they are about to kiss the waters. It is also almost turning night time. This day was entirely different for her for she is about to make the hardest decision in life. It made her restless and sad, anxious at what happens next. She had the bags under her eyes and her skin looked dry but nevertheless, she was still indeed gorgeous and elegant. The waves splashes against the harbor, its sound made her senses calm by a slight inch. She fidgets her fingers anxiously and taps her foot impatiently. Her legs trembled as she thoughts of something. A tear was trying to escape from her eyes as she felt the hurt stabbing her heart a thousand times.

Then she heard familiar footsteps from behind, "Ningguang, my love~" she sang sweetly, "Happy valentines day." she kisses her head.

Ningguang almost cursed under her breath as she realizes that it is also Beidou's birthday today. She could not turn and look at her eyes for it will be something that would hunt her sorrowfully. Her hands grabbed the railings tight, making her fists turned white. She fights her tears back so she sniffles a little and finally spun to look at her.

But as soon as their eyes locked, Ningguang could not help but to feel sad at Beidou's innocent and pure gaze. Looking bright and happy as she awaits for her day, unknowingly smiling at what comes next in the tianquan's mind. She discards her greeting and decided to not greet Beidou a happy birthday for it will ache her heart more until she could not take it any longer.

Beidou slightly chuckles at her unusual behavior, "Have you been waiting that long?" she strokes her white and silky long hair, "Sorry, I wasn't really expecting a surprise meetup from you." she smiles.

She could feel her heart shatter into a million pieces. Her heart rate started speeding up as she still tries to fight back the tears dwelling on her eyes, "Beidou, we need to talk." she stammered, having a hard time to look Beidou straight in the eyes.

Her smile disappears which was a downhearted sight for her. Then Beidou hid something at her back that looked like a present, "What is it?" at the moment, she really felt nervous and started worrying.

As long as she knew, she never wanted to disappoint Beidou especially anger her at her spontaneous decisions. Making Beidou sad is the least thing she would do but now that she had also betrayed herself, she could not help but to feel depressed. Her mouth hesitated to spill out the words that would be the cause of their distance and tragic ending. She let out a soft whimper and a tear slid from her eye, "Beidou, please don't be mad..." then she broke down, continuously wiping away her tears.