chapter xvii

Another workday for the CEO of her jewels. Piles and piles of paper were plopped down her desk, begging for her signature. She groaned at the sight of the papers laying down in front of her.

If only Beidou's here to keep her bore away. She sighed and realized that she had no time to complain about it. In fact, there are still hundreds of work load on her other desk.

The glaze lilies that the captain gave her when she was unwell lies on her vase, still looking fresh and dazzling. A smile formed on her lips as she thought of her partner. So in love indeed.

After a few minutes of procrastinating, she finally felt motivated to read and sign all of the papers. Desperate to hang out with the captain who is far from Liyue Harbor, delivering her goods somewhere.

There was a loud chatter outside her office, maids and employees protesting but it didn't bother her. She continued on working while the loud was going on under her. Ningguang hummed joyfully as she does her work.

A few minutes later, she heard steps approaching her. This excited her more thinking that Beidou must be back from her work, "Early, aren't you?" she said but kept her eyes focused on the paper.

There was no response so she look up impatiently, "Beidou— Oh.." her energy shrank at the sight of Changyin, "How did the fatui get in?" she asked coldly, giving her a death glare.

Changyin sneered as she sat down at the nearest chair to the tianquan, "Paid them or maybe threatened them." she laughed it off making Ningguang angry.

She then offered her sweet flowers that looks like it was hurriedly picked along the garden nearby. Ningguang looked at it in disgust and told her to keep that away.

Ganyu appeared, slightly panting, "Miss Ningguang, I'm sorry she got in—"

The tianquan nodded then beckoned her to leave them alone, scared that Ganyu might be in trouble too, "What do you want?"

"I propose that you will marry my brother in return of that debt you still owe me." this shocked Ningguang.

She rose a brow, "First of all, I am engaged to someone else and second, I have no debts." she spoke with a manner of power.

Changyin clicked her tongue, "A tianquan like you deserve someone of high position," she demanded, "Not someone below the ground." she laughed then shook her head.

Ningguang was offended, she would also never let anyone say harsh words at her partner, "Don't order me around." she pointed a shaky finger at her, "And that high position you were mentioning, I highly disregard about it." she replied coldly.

"I bet she didn't even ask the proper question?" she sneered.

The tianquan wanted to protest but she seemed right. Beidou only asked if she can be her lady and not if she is willing to marry her or take her hand along the isle. She shook the thought and hoped that that time will come someday.

"Cat got your tongue?" she lets out her devilish laugh, "Like how I thought, a captain who lacks action." she muttered but clear enough for the other to hear.

She could feel her heart pacing up and down due to the anger she was feeling, "Leave." gesturing the exit but Changyin ignored her.

"Andrei," she started, "Manager of the Northland Bank," she bragged.

Ningguang would never date or worse, marry someone else other than Beidou and besides she hates dating men, "And this debt I owe you? Kindly state that." she remained calm as much as possible.

Changyin pulls a paper out of her pocket then slams it on her desk, "You signed this." but there was something unusual going on.

There was Ningguang's sign on some sort of a contract, "I do not remember signing that." her eyebrows were furrowed. She began getting nervous as she thoughts of being held hostage some other time.